Janitorial & Cleaning Concepts

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

As a VP of Marketing for a large corporation who frequently purchases stock photography for our MarCom projects, I thought I'd provide a list of subjects we have searched for with very few or no image search results:

- Janitors

- Janitorial tools being used in a commercial environment (not home) such as vacuums, carpet shampooers, mops, brooms, dusting, etc. --- colorful, clean images

- Brute Barrels (rolling trash cans)and rolling trash bins

- Cleaning of bathroom fixtures with gloved hands such as faucets and toilet bowls

- Squeegee pulled across water or spray cleaner on a glass surface

- Nice presentation of a wet floor sign

- Photos of super clean and shiny commercial floor surfaces (i.e. marble, tile, etc.)

- Microfiber cloths being used in the cleaning process

- Powerwashing of parking lots or cement/concrete surfaces

- Pictures of clean, attractive outdoor trash/waste containers

- Recycling containers, small and large

- Cleaning of elevators and escalators

- Entrance mats (large commercial)with feet walking over them --- the concept of stopping dirt before it enters a building

- Photos of the outside and inside of a janitorial closet

- Safety equipment such as safety goggles, gloves, hard hats and hearing protection (even these items staged together in a "safety vignette"

- Pictures that tie the concept of commercial cleaning with environmentally friendly practices such as Green Seal approved chemicals, reflection of trees and sky in building windows, interior daylight shots from a commercial interior

- Photos of a cloth cleaning touchpoints such as door handles and railings

- Photos depicting clean and beautiful public spaces such as downtown districts and/or pedestrian thoroghfares

I have downloaded over 100 stock images from ShutterStock since I started my subscription a week ago. I thought it might be helpful to provide the submitters who read this forum with some direct feedback as to the kinds of images I'm searching for but can't find (or have only found a limited few).

Thanks!

I do not have any pictures on hand, but I just wanted to say I appreciate the info on what kind of photos you are looking for. It's very helpful to know what clients really want. Plus it gives us photographers a hint as to what we should try shooting.

Thank you,

Mary

Are you intrested in Window Washing images also?

I just happen to have a Window Washing Company and specialize in Tucker Pole work and Squeegie Jobs for Industrial Commercial and High End Residental Homes on the beach and Power Washing

Let me know

Mike

www.michaelledray.com

Guest Anonymous
Are you intrested in Window Washing images also?

I just happen to have a Window Washing Company and specialize in Tucker Pole work and Squeegie Jobs for Industrial Commercial and High End Residental Homes on the beach and Power Washing

Let me know

Mike

www.michaelledray.com

Mike,

Industrial/Commercial window washing (especially close-up photos of the squeegee being dragged across the water) would be useful. We do not do residential work of any kind. Power washing of parking lots, parking decks, walkways (commercials) would also be fantastic.

Angela

I work in a retirement/assisted living facility, so I have access to most of the items you've requested:

9233,1130569550,3.jpg

http://submit.shutterstock.com/uploads4/thumb_small/9233/9233,1130569550,3.jpg

9233,1130569544,1.jpg

http://submit.shutterstock.com/uploads4/thumb_small/9233/9233,1130569544,1.jpg

9233,1130569547,2.jpg

http://submit.shutterstock.com/uploads4/thumb_small/9233/9233,1130569547,2.jpg

These are in the Q, I hope they are satisfactory. I have more on the way.

Scott David Patterson

House of Digital