Assistance please.

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

did you use photoshop to get the effect? Must have taken a while, atleast its selling so it was worth it

Hi unsane, I sent you my method in a PM. Forgot to say it took several days.

Anyway, re that original wedding photog, I cannot believe people would be so cavalier with someone's wedding pics, and I think the people that got their images at all were probably lucky.

I will stay with January 19th at 11:00PM (EST) AKA 8:00PM (PST)He will wake up have a cup of coffee and a smoke while reading his emails and PM's then take a quick look at the posts in the forums and then hang some cameras around his neck and head out for an ice cream cone on a park bench by the beach.

He will later return for Dinner and a Martini then he will begin to post.

Thanks for your answers so far.

So far I have now on my list:

- Are they any plans from Shutterstock for an Exclusivity model?

- How is Shutterstock planning to improve communication with photographers?

- Are there plans for changes in the pricing structure?

Any more suggestions?

Bye, Robert

Got this on Facebook: UPS is shipping anything under 50lbs for free to Haiti. You can send food, clothes or shoes...and American Airlines is taking doctors and nurses to Haiti for free. Please call 212-697-9767. Spread the word...Red Cross needs Creole speaking volunteers for a 24hr phone bank. Call Mr. Wil...frid @ 305-776-6900 ASAP...Please Repost this Info

I'm not trying to naysay anyone who is trying to help the people of Haiti, but the false rumors and hoaxes just aren't helping anyone.

UPS Shipping: False

American Airlines: False

Red Cross: Doubtful as they aren't listing such a request on their website.

http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/charity/haiti.asp

The Red Cross IS taking donations:

"Donors can text "Haiti" to 90999 on their cell phone to send a $10 donation to support Red Cross relief efforts in Haiti. The mobile giving effort raised more than $3 million by Thursday morning, and all money raised goes to support Red Cross relief efforts in Haiti."

http://www.redcross.org/portal/site/en/menuitem.94aae335470e233f6cf911df43181aa0/?vgnextoid=99b36d585ce26210VgnVCM10000089f0870aRCRD

The following has been posted in the "General Shutterstock Submit Discussion" forum:

Out of respect for the spiritual and historical area of reference known as Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park (also known as "Ayers Rock" or "The Rock") -- we will not accept any images taken on their grounds. These images will not even be accepted as editorial.

Regards,

James Gash

Shutterstock Content Operations

My new 5D II arrived last night ... except I didn't know it. UPS just set the boxes out by the mailbox, next to the road, about 150 feet from the house. It was dark and I didn't know they were there. As a consequence they sat out all night in mid 20's temperature. Lucky they weren't stolen. This morning I found them, boxes all covered with frost. I brought them into the house, but left everything in the boxes while they warmed up, trying to avoid any condensation from forming. The outside of the shipping boxes started getting wet, so I took the Canon boxes out and set them aside. Haven't opened them yet.

Anyone know if there's anything in the camera or lenses that can react negatively to temperatures this low? Probably something in the manual, but since I have yet to open the boxes, I haven't seen that yet.

I shoot with a Eos Rebel XSi, and a 50mm 1.8 lens, and I have realized that I physically can't take photos without noise in low level light unless I use a flash. Is there any other way to reduce noise? I only shoot with ISO 100, so i don't understand why i keep getting noisy pictures. Some of my best photos are ones that I have taken in the evenings on the beach, but they just don't come out because of noise. Any tips?

Got this on Facebook: UPS is shipping anything under 50lbs for free to Haiti. You can send food, clothes or shoes...and American Airlines is taking doctors and nurses to Haiti for free. Please call 212-697-9767. Spread the word...Red Cross needs Creole speaking volunteers for a 24hr phone bank. Call Mr. Wil...frid @ 305-776-6900 ASAP...Please Repost this Info

I'm not trying to naysay anyone who is trying to help the people of Haiti, but the false rumors and hoaxes just aren't helping anyone.

UPS Shipping: False

American Airlines: False

Red Cross: Doubtful as they aren't listing such a request on their website.

http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/charity/haiti.asp

The Red Cross IS taking donations:

"Donors can text "Haiti" to 90999 on their cell phone to send a $10 donation to support Red Cross relief efforts in Haiti. The mobile giving effort raised more than $3 million by Thursday morning, and all money raised goes to support Red Cross relief efforts in Haiti."

http://www.redcross.org/portal/site/en/menuitem.94aae335470e233f6cf911df43181aa0/?vgnextoid=99b36d585ce26210VgnVCM10000089f0870aRCRD

I apologize. I learned this today. I should have checked the news before posting this.

Thanks for your answers so far.

So far I have now on my list:

- Are they any plans from Shutterstock for an Exclusivity model?

- How is Shutterstock planning to improve communication with photographers?

- Are there plans for changes in the pricing structure?

Any more suggestions?

Bye, Robert

Not changes in the pricing structure, but changes in the commissions structure. Not even the structure really. We just want more money LOL. Times a tough for us small independents.

Its not over sharpening, The noise is present when I upload the pictures to my computer, and how do you post process noise out of a shot without compromising focus? here is an example of a shot that was rejected at another stock agency for noise issues but is otherwise a good shot. LeahBeach.jpg

LeahBeach44.jpg

Looks like it is underexposed and that is why you have noise from the lack of light it also shows in the histogram. Here is a brighter version but when you take the shadows out of the rocks you loose the sky so you need to replace with a new sky.The main issue is the 1/1600 shutterspeed way to fast for this shot.

post-159671-14368325979315_thumb.jpg

How cool is that. But I doubt I will make it at that time. Do they have some kind of archive? Is it the Rick and Jeff show?

yes.Im doing it for my Very Old friend Jeff Maxwell who was Private Egor on "Mash" for 8 years.Gonna be real short. Im the first segment so If ya get a chance Listen In.