• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

And just found another site for you.

http://www.sacon.org/download-oem-Adobe_Illustrator_CS2_12.0.html

It appears that both these sites acquire the software from auctions and bankrupt companies.

You might be able to get it on ebay too, from a private seller who's upgraded to a newer version. That might be the best bet.

toots - that was very kind of you to find that for me - I am going there right now to see how that is possible - if it is - awesome!

(I thought that using used versions would not work because of how Adobe keeps track of the registrations on their programs... - but I'll do some research on this - that is an awesome price if it's legit!)

Yay! My kind brother is giving me his Illustrator 10 - doesn't use it anymore...:D

Wish I had some kind soul to give me a copy. As for your question about Inkscape saving to eps, all you have to do is open your svg file in Inkscape and save a copy to eps. It is compatible with eps8 as long as you haven't used any gradients, blur or transparency or any of the fancy effects like that.

Thanks again everyone - you are so helpful.

I'm glad to have met mostly helpful contributors on these forums.

I'm off to pick up my Illustrator and then to read tons of tutorials on it.

I have to tell you that Inkscape is awesome though, I'm finding that even with just a mouse you can draw anything due to being able to edit the paths!

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Hi,

I just recieved 2 rejections with the following reason...

Please decrease the size of your artwork (or move it) to fit within the artboard.

I've never had this before and don't fully understand what it means.

I've had a look at my illustrations and they look as if they are within the 5K x5K canvas (I take it this is what is meant by the artboard).

Do I just need to select all the elements on the canvas and and drag them to a smaller size?

Many thanks in advance from a vector newbie, Grant.

Hi,

I just recieved 2 rejections with the following reason...

Please decrease the size of your artwork (or move it) to fit within the artboard.

I've never had this before and don't fully understand what it means.

I've had a look at my illustrations and they look as if they are within the 5K x5K canvas (I take it this is what is meant by the artboard).

Do I just need to select all the elements on the canvas and and drag them to a smaller size?

Many thanks in advance from a vector newbie, Grant.

Yeah, it sounds as though some of it has gone outside the artboard, so scale it all down to fit. Can't you see a box to fit your image into? You should be able to.

Tip - next time just start a new thread in this forum with your question/s, you'd get more response and quicker that way.

• 1 year later...

Illustrator 10 hahaha

That a relic from the last Century, or you still work with Windows 3.11 or MacOS 7? We live 2012/13. and everyone have minimum CS4, 5, 5.5 or CS6. And no one use EPS anymore. The files are much to big and you loose you Transparency color. Since Adobe CS approx. 2000 the standard is â€.aiâ€!

sorry for my bad English.

WhiteMonkey

• 1 year later...