New Vector Submission Requirements

Another question yet:

I'm currently assisting two new contributors with their initial ten. Do the new requirements already apply to those as well or do they still need to submit eps ai8 at up to 5MB with their first batch?

Not sure because of the transition period and I don't want to tell them something wrong.

Thanks in advance!

Hi Akaiser, obviously I'm not an SS admin person, but as the new requirements are coming in to play in just a couple of days time, I would probably be inclined to get them to prepare their first images to meet these new requirements rather than have them prepare for AI8 and then having to kind of re-educate them for preparing to AI10 later. If you get my drift here.

Just my opinion at this time.

Sorry for quoting myself here, but just had another think about this. If your people are also going to submit to other agencies, then it might be advisable to get them to meet requirements for AI8.

Hmm, problemo's. lol

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On the other hand I think is great on the other hand I think when I make a complex illustration spend alot of time in it and only getting a few bucks in return.

Only make a design for SS with AI10 compatible doesn't make sence.

I like experimenting but i don't know if it's worth it.

Yep, I agree with you Kaycee. Maybe just design with features of AI8 compatability up to 5mb and save 2 eps files, one for SS in AI10 and other in AI8, until such time as other agencies allow AI10. Only then begin experimenting and producing larger files etc.

Thanks for your answers. :)

At the moment I'm rather asking in regard of their actual submissions than "teaching" them how to do their vectors properly in a long run. I guess, I'll advise them to stick to the former requirements for now, unless I'm told something different by one of our admins.

Thanks again!

Anja

Fantastic !

So now we can use transparencies which is so beautiful.

But, what's about radial gradient ? Are you accepted it too ? And effects if not expanded ?

Will be nice to have a complete list.

I really don't mind if other stock sites doesn't accept EPS 10. I think they will follow pretty soon when they will see that sell increases on Shutter.

Fantastic !

But, what's about radial gradient ? Are you accepted it too ? And effects if not expanded ?

I really don't mind if other stock sites doesn't accept EPS 10. I think they will follow pretty soon when they will see that sell increases on Shutter.

As we can currently use radial gradients we'll also be able to use them for AI10.

Hope you are right about other agencies following SS. Will make it easier for all of us submitting to other agencies.

Fantastic !

As we can currently use radial gradients we'll also be able to use them for AI10.

Hope you are right about other agencies following SS. Will make it easier for all of us submitting to other agencies.

I knew that we can use radial in EPS8 but I always taught that SS didn't accept radial gradients.

Thanks a lot to note me so.

Heh maybe we should start a chat group somewhere and stop spamming announcer threads.

hey Anja, what's up?

I'm gonna fight for eps 8 rights and my next illustrations won't have any fake transparencies,shadows,gradients and whatever. Heh, anybody need a collection of pretty circles?

Love the option of ai10 and the file size.

Not so much as to the future requirement of ai10.

Concerned about customers using other software packages not being able to use our files. At a minimum, I think it should be indicated on site as to what the file type is.

So can we expect drop in sales because of compatibility issues with other software. There are certainly customers with Corel Draw or other.

That is why I made that question here but still no response from Anthony... Hmmmmm :-(

This is not good. Different standard for SS and other sites means extra work. Non compatible with some vector software. A better option would be to increase file size but keep EPS 8 and maybe give an option to upload an AI file that is version 10 or later compatable as some of the other sites allow.

Mike

So can we expect drop in sales because of compatibility issues with other software. There are certainly customers with Corel Draw or other.

That is why I made that question here but still no response from Anthony... Hmmmmm :-(

This is not good. Different standard for SS and other sites means extra work. Non compatible with some vector software. A better option would be to increase file size but keep EPS 8 and maybe give an option to upload an AI file that is version 10 or later compatable as some of the other sites allow.

Mike

Exactly.

I dunno - this doesn't make sense to me - users of CorelDraw, Inkscape, Freehand and such programs will have issues with transparency!

And its transparency that also causes headaches for prepress and print houses - Designers are often clueless in this area and don't understand the techniques required to make such files printable.

I've downloaded a few vector illustrations from SS and I recall one or two of them being non-editable because the creator used a gradient that when opened in illustrator was sliced into thousands of pieces - and that's using AI8 format. Its not professional. A10 will cause even more issues!

I love transparency too but.....

I know others asked this question too, but I figured I'd throw my two cents in as well. The post doesn't make a lot of sense. Aren't ai 8 files ai 10 compatible by nature of backwards compatibility? The original post makes it sound like they are going to reject ai 8 files.

I agree with you cthoman. It just doesn't make sense. All the ai 8 are compatible with ai 10, so why should we convert them to ai 10 if we don't use transparency, radial gradients, etc, etc..

Of course, I congratulate Shutterstock with going forward and making improvements!

It would be great if all of the stock sites had the same requirements of ai 10 and 15MB. It only means extra work now if I want to upload my illustrations to a few stock sites with different requirements.

Lina

I really don't see the problem using EPS 10 or EPS 8

If you don't use any transparencies or effects any EPS 10 could be open in Freehand, Corel or anyone. Maybee I am wrong, so please correct me. Even Radial and linear gradients could can also cause headaches

for non-AI users. Radial gradients have

a tendency to split into teeny splinters

when opened into Freehand. The problem is also with, meshes which won’t work in other software like Freehand or Corel.

Than I don't know why being afraid to have any sales

because it will be EPS 10.

Maybee will be good to add at the botton of your

description that your file doesn't contain i.e.:

No transparancies, no effects or maybee

only "compatible with EPS8" or "only compatible

with EPS10 or more".

I am very happy that SS will now go for EPS10

I am doing graphics because I really love that.

With EPS10, now I think I will go furthermore

behind using opacity mask, transparencies, etcc.

If we can't use all the tools of Illustrator CS3, than why paying so much money for an unusable program. We could therefore use cheaper one or freeone.

We are in 2010 soon and SS is a leader in stock

sites and always in advance, so don't stop the

progress.

Every good designers who bought graphic know how

to handle file containing transparencies or effects.

Sorry for my English. I done my best. There are so

many sites explaining how to handle transparencies

graphics as Mordy Golding'one.

Happy Holiday to everybody

I really don't see the problem using EPS 10 or EPS 8

If you don't use any transparencies or effects any EPS 10 could be open in Freehand, Corel or anyone. Maybee I am wrong, so please correct me. Even Radial and linear gradients could can also cause headaches

for non-AI users. Radial gradients have

a tendency to split into teeny splinters

when opened into Freehand. The problem is also with, meshes which won’t work in other software like Freehand or Corel.

Than I don't know why being afraid to have any sales

because it will be EPS 10.

Maybee will be good to add at the botton of your

description that your file doesn't contain i.e.:

No transparancies, no effects or maybee

only "compatible with EPS8" or "only compatible

with EPS10 or more".

I am very happy that SS will now go for EPS10

I am doing graphics because I really love that.

With EPS10, now I think I will go furthermore

behind using opacity mask, transparencies, etcc.

If we can't use all the tools of Illustrator CS3, than why paying so much money for an unusable program. We could therefore use cheaper one or freeone.

We are in 2010 soon and SS is a leader in stock

sites and always in advance, so don't stop the

progress.

Every good designers who bought graphic know how

to handle file containing transparencies or effects.

Sorry for my English. I done my best. There are so

many sites explaining how to handle transparencies

graphics as Mordy Golding'one.

Happy Holiday to everybody

true! so lets all make money, we've got more from ss, stop complaining and start working, less restrictions more freedom:) happy holiday all:)