thank you answering

I have tried but didnt work

Thank you for answering anyway

The thing is in my upload page there is

UPLOAD 10 IMAGES page

I could not reach the

Upload 10 images/illustrations

Thanks again

If you submitted your first 10 images as photos, you will have to get in with photos. You cannot change it to vectors now, you simply must pass your next attempt with photos. Only after you are accepted, you can start submitting vectors.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didnt like that

thank you answering

Yes, it is unfortunate :( I dont know why they have this strict rule. If you want to double-check it, you can write to support at submit@shutterstock.com but Im afraid they will just tell you the same thing. Hopefully you will get in next time!

Yes you were right

i got a mail from shutterstock

it says

you cannot change it. If you started as a photo contributor, you have to submit photos or jpeg illustrations only to be approved. Once you are approved, you can send us vectors as well.

yes i wrote them still waiting (:

I didnt like that

thank you answering

Yes, it is unfortunate (: I dont know why they have this strict rule. If you want to double-check it, you can write to support at submit@shutterstock.com but Im afraid they will just tell you the same thing. Hopefully you will get in next time!

Yes you were right

i got a mail from shutterstock

it says

you cannot change it. If you started as a photo contributor, you have to submit photos or jpeg illustrations only to be approved. Once you are approved, you can send us vectors as well.

But then its good - if they said JPG illustrations, you can submit JPG versions of your vectors. They need to have at least 4 megapixels and one important thing - you need to mark them as illustrations, you need to choose "Yes" in the field for Illust./Clip-art, Im attaching what it should look like:

post-288579-14368371111383_thumb.jpg

There is one more thing I should point out - recently the reviewers may require a property release for illustrations which are based on sketches. Like - if I first draw a sketch on paper, then scan it and then open in Illustrator and create an illustration according this sketch.

So when I upload the illustration, I usually also attach the scanned sketch by clicking on Releases: +Add (at the bottom of the screenshot above), then I choose Property Release and I attach the sketch.

Its not clear to me when exactly it is needed. I sometimes do that and sometimes not (when the sketch is too bad :)....

I suppose if the illustration looks very realistic, then a reviewer would ask for this sketch and it may be a reason for rejection if its missing.

Sorry for the long talk, I know its hard for a newbie to grasp all this info and there is much more to know.

Maybe you can read some older threads in this Forum section to prepare yourself for next try.

• 2 months later...
To upload you first 10 vector images follow the instructions below.

2 - Ensure that your eps file is not larger than 5MB. (If it is there are numerous posts available in the forum on reducing the file size).

Hi ,i found here maybe a problem with this number 2 ? I think i remember if our vector file is not larger than

15MB than ,i mean we just can not exceed 15MB . but here still about just .......... 5 MB ......??

• 1 month later...
To upload you first 10 vector images follow the instructions below.

1- From your vector file create 2 files.

1 vector file saved as eps8 compatible

2 jpeg preview sized to a minimum of 400 by 500 pixels (the preview can be different dimensions but have a minimum of 200000 pixels height x width)

2 - Ensure that your eps file is not larger than 5MB. (If it is there are numerous posts available in the forum on reducing the file size).

3 - Save both files with the same name (e.g. file1.eps with file1.jpg).

4 - Go to the Submit screen and then via HTTP.

5 - Set the number of 'photos' to 2 (disregard the use of the word photo it is the same screen to upload photos as vectors)

4a - If you are feeling advanced you can select 20 and do the following all at once.

6 - Select the matching pair of files (e.g. file1.eps and file1.jpg). The file names must be the same or the sytems will not recognise it as being a vector file.

7 - Click on upload files.

8 - On the next screen you will see that only 1 image appears (with vector below it).

9 - Enter your Description and Keywords.

10 - Select the Categories (The first category must be Illustration/Clip-Art)

11 - Check the Illustration box.

12 - Click on submit files.

13 - Amend any errors if found.

14 - You image should now be uploaded. Repeat this for the remaining 9 images.

Hope that helps

Chris

If anyone else has anything to add or if I have made a mistake please feel free to comment.

Hi,

I want to submit for contributor as an illustrator and I have a question: it is possible to submit the EPS10 files instead of EPS8?

Thanks

Hi Raluk!

Yes, EPS10 files are acceptable - just make sure you check none of your transparencies have bitmapped.

It's also worth noting that SS accepts jpegs and EPS files separately, so you can submit the raster version only for your initial application if you prefer to, reduce the chances of getting a technical rejection.

Hi Raluk!

Yes, EPS10 files are acceptable - just make sure you check none of your transparencies have bitmapped.

It's also worth noting that SS accepts jpegs and EPS files separately, so you can submit the raster version only for your initial application if you prefer to, reduce the chances of getting a technical rejection.

Thanks a lot for your reply. I prefer vector :)

I will try to submit.