Uploading your first 10 images for approval - Read this 1st

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you continue to have errors like that contact submit@shutterstock.com It'll take them a day or two to get back to you.

You're welcome and I wish you much luck and hopefully you'll have your first 10 uploaded with no problems.

best wishes to you too!

• 1 month later...

I am trying to upload the first 10 vectors but you are supposed to do both a vector and a jpeg but download http only lists 10. I tried to download a combo of 10 jpgs and eps but it seemed to not loading them so I thought I would do 2 at a time.

It will not let me. It says please upload 10 and only 10 of your best photos and the page is only giving me slots for 10 at a time. I am not doing photos! I am doing vectors since I don't own an slr camera.

I can't seem to find the page to load 20 vectors and eps files. This is really confusing.

I am trying to upload the first 10 vectors but you are supposed to do both a vector and a jpeg but download http only lists 10. I tried to download a combo of 10 jpgs and eps but it seemed to not loading them so I thought I would do 2 at a time.

It will not let me. It says please upload 10 and only 10 of your best photos and the page is only giving me slots for 10 at a time. I am not doing photos! I am doing vectors since I don't own an slr camera.

I can't seem to find the page to load 20 vectors and eps files. This is really confusing.

Hi Shannon, welcome to Shutterstock!

Here's the trick that someone told me (a million years ago, it seems). For your first 10 submission, only upload the jpegs, just make sure they're a sufficient size. That way, they will review your images based on their quality, and you don't run the risk of being rejected for any technical vector issues. There are a lot of technical reasons to reject a vector. After you are (hopefully) accepted, then you can work out technical issues as they come up.

Another good idea, is to post here some of your potential illustrations and let us critique them prior to your submission. Nice people here, we'll take a look and maybe help you avoid a 30 day waiting period.

I figured it out and got 7 vectors accepted. Yay! I've been doing print on demand sites like zazzle for so long that I forgot how confusing it could be to be a newbie Now I hope my stuff sells because from looking around it seems like people have a lot of talent here.

• 4 weeks later...
Hi!!

I'm submitting the first 10 images and I have a problem with this:

"10 - Select the Categories (The first category must be Illustration/Clip-Art)"

I can't find this category!

Ahh, it doesn't exist anymore, so ignore that bit. I suggest you also show your images in the illustrator forum for critique before uploading them to SS.

If they don't pass first time you will have to wait 30 days before you can try again.

We will help you as much as we can to get your first 10 through.

You will need to start a new thread, don't put it in this thread.

• 3 weeks later...

Edit - figured it out, got them submitted successfully. Never did figure out Q2. thx.

I'm trying to upload my first 10 pics (again), made the mistake of trying to attach the EPS's the first time around, and they weren't recognized as EPS's so that zapped out 5 spots right there.

Q1 How do you edit a rejected file, is there a way to get it back into the submit folder?

Q2. In trying to submit a couple new files, I'm getting a red x coming up, and an error msg that says I have some errors, but they're not saying what the errors are? How do you figure out what the red x means?

Q3. I'd like to upload a couple pics here to see what you'all think, before submitting again, do I need to use an upload site and put the link here, or can we upload here directly? (I do vector drawings, but do have them in png format). I will attempt to upload one here now, if it works, question answered!

thanks much.

dee

Yep, you can submit both for your initial 10. If you do vectors I would suggest you upload just the jpg's so that you don't get any rejections on technicalities such as open paths or whatever.

I would also suggest you post the images you are thinking of submitting to this forum (open up another thread though) for critique, and on the photo side post those into the critique forum.

We're all here to try and help you pass that initial test.

Sweet yeah thanks. What is the requirements for jpeg's? I wil post them here, I only have drawings really so it would be best if I can only submit jpeg, is that possible or does one have to convert to vector later. My photo's aren't too great yet so I'm just doing this for now. While I study the photography aspects.

Thanks for the reply's though appreciate it a lot!

Not sure what the minimum size for jpg's is but the maximum is 25MP. Don't confuse that with MB. For my square images I normally size them at 5,000 x 5,000 pixels which is the max of 25MP. And for my rectangle images I would submit around the 5,000 x 3,500 pixel size which produces 17.5MP.

You don't need to submit vectors at all, however the vectors here at SS tend to far out-sell the raster versions.

As I said earlier, show us the images you're going to submit but do start another thread in the illustrators forum. Do not place them in this thread.

• 1 month later...
No, limit is 15 MB. Read this part from FAQ:

"Please keep your vector files under 15 megabytes and be sure to save them for compatibility with Adobe Illustrator 8 or higher."

Ok thanks!

Additional question for you... Can we submit EPS 10 files now? Just confirming.

I just saw this in the first post in the thread and it confused me:

2 - Ensure that your eps file is not larger than 5MB. (If it is there are numerous posts available in the forum on reducing the file size).

I know it's an old post, maybe an admin could edit it to put in correct information.

• 4 weeks later...
Do I have to upload my 10 vectors in one go? If so, presumably I have to upload 20 files, the vector and the jpeg? I'm having some difficulty getting this right, despite reading the OP

Our advice to newcomers is to upload only the 10 jpegs for your first submission. You'll be judged only on the quality of the art, rather than risking a rejection for a minor technical glitch in the vectors.

If you'd like, you can post some of your images in a new thread in the Illustrators forum. The resident "experts" :) can give you some feedback on your stuff before the SS reviewers.