Uploading your first 10 images for approval - Read this 1st

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...

Just want to know why I need convert my PSD and JPEG files to EPS file?

I working with Photoshop and all images saved in jpeg and psd files... I don't understand why I need submit my images with EPS.

One day ago I was submiting very nice graphic images saved with JPEG file and all 10 images was not aproved for my first submition..

I see some similar images there is in shutterstock...

So I don't understad why my all 10 images was not aproved ?

image size 2600 x 1751 pixel , 300px resolutions

thanks.

That's the thing you can't convert psd files to eps as it's not a true vector. If you uploaded large jpg files (which from your dimentions meets the 4mp minimum) then they shouldn't have gotten rejected for that reason.

What were the rejection reasons you got for your images?

Here some reazon what not accepted my JPEG images with 45 MB size. 2600px x 1733px . 300 px resolution.

------------------------------------

Limited Commercial Value--We do not need this image at this time. Please see Shutterbuzz for more info

Composition--Limited commercial value due to framing, cropping, and/or composition. Please see Shutterbuzz for more info

-----------------------------------

Really I see some similiar images submites on shutterstock .... So why my images not accepted if other people have also similar images submited.

Yes I not use Adobe Illustrator. All images is my own foto and work with Photoshop..

What is reazon I must convert my images to file to ESP extensions ?

Here a some examples of my images

post-270915-14368340602487_thumb.jpg

post-270915-14368340602989_thumb.jpg

post-270915-14368340603185_thumb.jpg

If you are submitting PhotoShop illustrations, you only need to submit the jpeg version. Don't convert them to eps. The eps format is only needed if you are making vector files in Illustrator.

As for your files being rejected, you can't compare to other files that are already on Shutterstock. They often change the requirements, and usually make them more strict. So a file might be accepted a year ago, but now they have harder requirements and will reject it. If you have a composition rejection, maybe re-work the illustration to improve the composition and re-submit it. You should make a note to the reviewer that you are re-submitting after correcting the composition.

Well, yes, but here are some tips you should know:

- SS doesn't care for photos that simply have some type of filter or effect applied. If you are using an original photo to make some type of illustration, then that may be okay, depending on the quality of it.

- They are not accepting any background texture illustrations or photos these days. Their database has millions of them, and they just don't want any more right now.

- You will have better luck getting in if you create illustrations of specific things, rather than abstracts. For example, the illustration of gold-colored lights you posted, if they were on, or just behind, a Christmas tree, then the illustration would have a specific topic.

- It's recommended that you submit 10 new images, different from the first batch, when you try again in 30 days.

- Also, it's a good idea to post the new images here in the Illustrators forum before you submit them. We can offer suggestions about what may work and what might not. Just start a new thread asking for critiques.

thank you very much evaners for reply

you tell me really very good idea post here new images before to upload on shutterstock..

yes. now I'm understand about my error and whyall my images was not accepted.

the first I'm new in this business and don't know many reasons and conditions.

second it's my not good knowledge of english

and always is good to talking with people before to do something like this

thanks again.

• 2 months later...

I just had all 10 of my first submissions "not approved". In the email 4 of the ten have "better description" requests in the reason column. The rest have no reason given, they just said "not approved". It is not that I think I am a great illustrator or anything, but all of my submissions have been accepted by other sites and some are selling already. Because of this, and the 100% rejection, I'm wondering if I did something technically wrong. So I have several questions I was hoping the community might be able to help me with.

If the first 4 were rejected for "better description" reasons, which they were, would the inspector just stop there and the remaining illustrations automatically get tagged not approved even though they might not have been looked at?

Is eps8 still accepted? I did save all eps files as eps8 rather than eps10. I have double checked that all eps files where under 5mb

does the JPG have to be under 400x500? For instance my JPGs used this as a baseline. Example - my JPG might come out to 400x514. Do I need to go something like 384x500 instead?

do we need a release of some kind that I might have failed to upload? For instance on another site in their model release field you have to put in your original sketch or reference photo. I was going to do that here but it asked for a model name so since there was no model I did not upload any initial pencil sketches or reference photos. Should I have somewhere?

Hi Munrotoo, welcome to Shutterstock and our Illustrators forum. I'll try to give you some answers...

I just had all 10 of my first submissions "not approved". In the email 4 of the ten have "better description" requests in the reason column. The rest have no reason given, they just said "not approved". It is not that I think I am a great illustrator or anything, but all of my submissions have been accepted by other sites and some are selling already. Because of this, and the 100% rejection, I'm wondering if I did something technically wrong. So I have several questions I was hoping the community might be able to help me with.

I have never heard the "Better description" reason, that's a new one I guess. I suppose what they are after is a more detailed description of the illustration, but it doesn't seem like a reason for rejection. They usually will point out technical problems (open paths, raster effects, etc.) so you probably had no problems with that.

If the first 4 were rejected for "better description" reasons, which they were, would the inspector just stop there and the remaining illustrations automatically get tagged not approved even though they might not have been looked at?

There's some debate here about whether they review all 10, or if they stop reviewing once they reach 4 rejections. In any event, they rarely continue to give rejection reasons once they've rejected 4. They want you to submit 10 new ones for your next try anyway, so it's not worth worrying about these.

Is eps8 still accepted? I did save all eps files as eps8 rather than eps10. I have double checked that all eps files where under 5mb

does the JPG have to be under 400x500? For instance my JPGs used this as a baseline. Example - my JPG might come out to 400x514. Do I need to go something like 384x500 instead?

That's all just fine. SS accepts bot eps8 and eps10, but they don't accept any effects that cause rasterizing (such as blurs). The vector size limit is now 15mb. Your jpeg size is fine for submission previews. If you want to post an image here in the forum, keep it to 500px or less on the long side. Also, a lot of us submit high res jpegs of our illustrations separate from the vector, because some buyers can't work with vectors.

do we need a release of some kind that I might have failed to upload? For instance on another site in their model release field you have to put in your original sketch or reference photo. I was going to do that here but it asked for a model name so since there was no model I did not upload any initial pencil sketches or reference photos. Should I have somewhere?

If your illustration is based on a photograph, you need to be the owner of the photo and you should submit a property release (not a model release). If your illustration is based on nothing but your own imagination, you don't need one. I have never submitted a property release.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi I am new and I am about to send my first 10 vector pieces for review. The thing is I don't really have more than 10 at the moment and most of those are already exclusively on another site. So here's my question:

If the first 10 were to be approved, are they automatically set up on the account?

I want to use my 10 for review but not all can go up on Shutterstock. If they must then I will wait until I have another 10 is all I can do.

I keep getting an error message when I try to submit, but I can't see the error. There's a red "x" next to my illustration preview. Can't click on it or anything. Not sure what's wrong. It would be helpful if there was some sort of prompt or information.

I uploaded the EPS8 file and the .jpg preview together, have filled out the title/description and keywords. I'm new to Shutterstock, but not to microstock. :) Is my .jpg preview too large? (Is there such as thing as a too-large .jpg here?)

Your preview can be up to 25 megapixels or 5000px X 5000px anything larger than that will give you an error.

But if that were the case then it would've given you an error message about the image being too large. It'll also give you an error if your preview is too small. Unless they changed that in the new online editor. It's hard to say.

Check the size of your jpg preview and multiply the long side and the short side if it's under 25,000,000 pixels then you shouldn't have a problem if it's over that resize them then reupload.

• 2 weeks later...
First go to your account page https://submit.shutterstock.com/admin.mhtml and scroll down and makes sure that Automatic FTP Processing is checked yes.

If it is give the system a few minutes and refresh the content editor.

thank you.

but now i have new problem. :/

i have to errors: Pictures must be at least 4.0 megapixels. This picture is 400 x 500 = 200,000 pixels (0.2 megapixels)

don t understand why becuoze that was my JPEG for vector image, that size was writen in rules. O.0

second error :

All vector images must be accompanied by JPG images with the same name. You uploaded the vector image mind.eps but did not upload a corresponding JPG file named mind.jpg.

wich is also impossible coz they have the same name.

someone wrote that i have to named them as folder1.eps and folder1.eps.jpg and i try that too but error is the same.

Your preview image size is fine it's the file names that are causing you problems.

If your eps is named myvector.eps your preview jpg should be named myvector.jpg

the extra .eps in your jpg file is what's giving you problems. The information on that earlier in this thread was wrong. You could probably just re-upload your jpg previews with names that match the eps files and you should be fine and ready to go from there.

Your preview image size is fine it's the file names that are causing you problems.

If your eps is named myvector.eps your preview jpg should be named myvector.jpg

the extra .eps in your jpg file is what's giving you problems. The information on that earlier in this thread was wrong. You could probably just re-upload your jpg previews with names that match the eps files and you should be fine and ready to go from there.

I really appreciate your help I will try ones again.

what should i do if this error continue to show?

who can I contact?