How To Post Images - Newbies Please Read

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Due to me getting in 'trouble' in a post I posted here in the critique section... I think that the initial post to this thread should be edited to say the most recent changed guidelines for the Critique sections. I posted images according to the rules of the inital post instead of going along and reading every reply to this thread... and so I didn't see the newest rules for making threads in this forum section.

So just an idea... update the inital post to this thread to keep up with the latest guidelines in the later posts of this thread please!

Due to me getting in 'trouble' in a post I posted here in the critique section... I think that the initial post to this thread should be edited to say the most recent changed guidelines for the Critique sections. I posted images according to the rules of the inital post instead of going along and reading every reply to this thread... and so I didn't see the newest rules for making threads in this forum section.

So just an idea... update the inital post to this thread to keep up with the latest guidelines in the later posts of this thread please!

These aren't really rules, it just helps us to critique people faster. It is just a suggestion for people to use other than posting links to flickr or places like that. You are posting your images fine as far as I have seen...

These aren't really rules, it just helps us to critique people faster. It is just a suggestion for people to use other than posting links to flickr or places like that. You are posting your images fine as far as I have seen...

Ah, I see. Though I posted a post with some 600 x 800 photos, and I got replies telling me to fix my post and to read this thread, which I had already done. =\ Thing is, I was told to post on this part of the forums, and I have gotten no critque, only replies telling me how my post was wrong. And I corrected the post quickly, even said I would correct it if need be. Seems like people here should be more polite...

Ah, I see. Though I posted a post with some 600 x 800 photos, and I got replies telling me to fix my post and to read this thread, which I had already done. =\ Thing is, I was told to post on this part of the forums, and I have gotten no critque, only replies telling me how my post was wrong. And I corrected the post quickly, even said I would correct it if need be. Seems like people here should be more polite...

Well it's just like the real world, some people are not. Sorry...just take the constructive critiques that you feel will help you and don't take anything else too personally. Just keep working at what you are doing...

Well it's just like the real world, some people are not. Sorry...just take the constructive critiques that you feel will help you and don't take anything else too personally. Just keep working at what you are doing...

Haha, true... and oh I don't mind getting hardcore criticism, you can tear me to pieces. XD I was just tired of people telling me how to post a thread instead of actually giving me critique! Haha.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just wanted to say thank you to all of you. I am new and have not posted any pic for review yet, but I am glad that I stumbled onto this thread. You may feel like you are repeating everything and talking in idoit language, but for me I am glad that you did. I just wanted you guys to know that even though you think you are talking and no one is listening, we are out there reading just not talking yet. It is a great HELP! Thanks again!

• 1 month later...

GOT IT! Finally. (I'm not retarded by any means)

Thanks for the explanation!

Here are a few other ways of doing it.

Take your image and resize it to no bigger than 500 pixels on the longest side and save it to your computer. Then to post the image you can open a new post window to the thread and on the bottom of the page you will see the browse icon. Click on that and select the image that you resized and then just click on the preview icon to make sure the image shows up then click on the submit icon.

Another way to do it is to add an image that is in your gallery. To do this you open your gallery and open the image you want to add. Right click on the image and select Properties. When the properties window opens copy the address/URL and then go to the thread you want to post it. Open your new post window, put your cursor in the text area and then click on the IMG icon. The paste the URL of the image to the right of the IMG tag then click on preview to make sure it is there. Then if everything is ok click on submit.

To post a 100% crop use the cropping tool in your photo editing software. Crop out the critical section such as sky or shadows for noise or the edge of an object for focus. Using the Save As save the image to a size no longer than 500 pixels longest side to a folder giving it a name such as 100% crop of... Then post it using the Browse Icon.

• 2 months later...
just testing how to add an image from my port (and yes i did read the instructions)

nope that didnt work

http://27630913

nor that

[/url]http://www.shutterstock.com/pic.mhtml?id=27630913

GGRRRRRR

pic.mhtml?id=27630913

@'#^**@ ing thing

i GIVE UP

[/code]

yep, been there, frustrating isn't it?

Go to your image, right click on pic, select "properties" Now Click and drag to highlight the address (starts with http). Once addresss is highlighted, select "copy" from menu.

Go to your message and click on "Img" button, then paste what you just copied. Click "Img" button again. Check with preview and post. Good luck.

• 5 months later...

well I am just uploading my first 10 photos. can someone answer this, do I have to title them I:e Editorial and then the description of the photo. I have uploaded various photos ranging from masai women to nature scenes. I hope that the variety is acceptable and my photos are are accepted. Can anyone tell me if I have done right. cheers Andy.