How To Post Images - Newbies Please Read

I have tried and tried to use the methods that you are requiring to have a shot critiqued.I just cant seem to get it to work for me. I am usually pretty good with the computer, but I guess I am not as savy as some. If I post a link to my shot, will it go uncritiqued because I cannot post the image and a close up as well? This is becoming a very frustrating task for me, and I am sure that I am not alone. Please understand that some of us are new at all of this and not accustomed to all the different things that you all seem to be able to do so easily. I am trying my best to learn as quickly as possible so that I dont become a nuisance,but this is simply above me right now. You say all "newbies" need to post this way- well, we are "newbies"-and that means that some of us may not know HOW to do what you are asking us to do.

sorry- I just needed to vent my frustrations.

thanks.

No, your images will not go without a critique but please let us know what software you are using so we can help you help us! Don't worry, we will help you figure it out. PM one of us in this thread if you need to.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok thank you. I guess after trying to do it the way you ask without success for 3 weeks, I am just a bit upset with myself. I put my picture on vox, then tried to copy and paste it into this box, but it wont go. nothing, natha, zip. The same happens if I try to copy it straight out of my drive. I just dont know what I am doing wrong. But, anyhow... thanks for listening. I will keep trying, and maybe one day I will figure it out. Then I will probably be as excited as the day I received the email that said 7 of my 10 were approved!

ok thank you. I guess after trying to do it the way you ask without success for 3 weeks, I am just a bit upset with myself. I put my picture on vox, then tried to copy and paste it into this box, but it wont go. nothing, natha, zip. The same happens if I try to copy it straight out of my drive. I just dont know what I am doing wrong. But, anyhow... thanks for listening. I will keep trying, and maybe one day I will figure it out. Then I will probably be as excited as the day I received the email that said 7 of my 10 were approved!

I'm not sure exactly what steps you have taken to post your images the way that is explained in the thread but let's try this. Forget about the shot you have on vox and instead open your photo editing software program (photoshop or whatever you use). Using that find the image you want to post in the forums and open it in your photo editing program.

Using the resize feature of the program resize the image to no bigger than 500 pixels for the longest side. For example if the image is a horizontal image and that is 3200 pixels long change that to 500 pixels. This should automatically change the height proportionately.

Save the resized image to a folder or somewhere on your computer with a new name. You are now done with the hardest part.

Next open the thread where you want to post the image and create a new post by clicking on the Post Reply icon. In the text box put whatever you want to say and then go down a bit till you see the Browse icon. Click on that and find the photo you resized and double click on it. Then simply click on the preview icon to make sure the shot shows. When you see it click on the submit icon.

I hope this helps.

I've been having trouble getting this to work. Is this right?

Thank you, Annette.

Can we make this into a 'sticky post'?

I don't know??? We need to...

There was a sticky on this but it was taken down when they last cleaned up the forums.

Here are a few other ways of doing it.

Take your image and resize it to no bigger than 500 pixels on the longest side and save it to your computer. Then to post the image you can open a new post window to the thread and on the bottom of the page you will see the browse icon. Click on that and select the image that you resized and then just click on the preview icon to make sure the image shows up then click on the submit icon.

Another way to do it is to add an image that is in your gallery. To do this you open your gallery and open the image you want to add. Right click on the image and select Properties. When the properties window opens copy the address/URL and then go to the thread you want to post it. Open your new post window, put your cursor in the text area and then click on the IMG icon. The paste the URL of the image to the right of the IMG tag then click on preview to make sure it is there. Then if everything is ok click on submit.

To post a 100% crop use the cropping tool in your photo editing software. Crop out the critical section such as sky or shadows for noise or the edge of an object for focus. Using the Save As save the image to a size no longer than 500 pixels longest side to a folder giving it a name such as 100% crop of... Then post it using the Browse Icon.

Photo removed

Is there a way to add a picture to my gallery so that I can upload it for critique or do only the accepted photos show in my gallery? If that's not possible then I guess photobucket or something like it would be the only way to get a critque on unapproved photos. Thanks for all of the help that all of you provide! I tried the upload from my hard drive and it didn't seem to work but I'll try that again. Oh and sorry I posted a pic, not asking for critique, just testing to see if it worked.

AND...What does BUMP mean.

Is there a way to add a picture to my gallery so that I can upload it for critique or do only the accepted photos show in my gallery? If that's not possible then I guess photobucket or something like it would be the only way to get a critque on unapproved photos. Thanks for all of the help that all of you provide! I tried the upload from my hard drive and it didn't seem to work but I'll try that again. Oh and sorry I posted a pic, not asking for critique, just testing to see if it worked.

AND...What does BUMP mean.

You posted the last photo right, however would you mind removing it from this thread, we don't want people to start posting their photos here. We are all like lemmings around here!

No, you cannot add photos to your gallery unless they go through the process and get accepted.

*bump* just means that the poster is bumping the thread to the top of the list.

Thank you and good luck!

SUCCESS!!!!!! Now I wonder how many will read it without the prompting from us? One can always hope!

And pray! I changed the intro to help them a little more too! Thanks for your support and help!

Our motto should be: "Help us help you!"

And thank you Jeff and SY and Laurin and everyone else who kept this thing bumping!