Sign in to follow this  
imagist

2008 Raise Details...

Dear Shutterstock Submitter,

Looking back on the first four months of 2008, we are happy to confirm that demand remains strong for all of our products. As a result, our submitter payouts continue to increase each month, proving again that Shutterstock has become the go-to resource for high quality royalty-free visual content. We thank you for helping us develop one of the strongest libraries in the industry.

We remain committed to providing a strong financial incentive for you to continue to submit your best work, and we are delighted to announce changes in your payout rates. These changes will become effective over the next 12 hours. Here’s how they work:

• If you have earned $500 in lifetime earnings from Shutterstock, we will increase your payment per Standard License download to 33¢ per download. This is a raise of 3¢ (10%) per download over the current applicable rate of 30¢.

• If you have earned $3,000 in lifetime earnings, we will increase your payment per Standard License download to 36¢ per download. This is a raise of 6¢ (20%) per download over the current applicable rate of 30¢.

• If you have earned $10,000 in lifetime earnings, we will increase your payment per Standard License download to 38¢ per download. This is a raise of 8¢ (27%) per download over the current applicable rate of 30¢.

• If you have not yet reached these earnings levels, the current payout of 25¢ per download will remain in force. At midnight on the day your earnings hit these levels, you will automatically be upgraded in our system to the higher payout rate, and that rate will apply going forward.

• The royalty for Enhanced License downloads will increase to $28 per download for all submitters. This is a raise of $8 (40%) per download over the current rate of $20.

• All Referral, Footage, and CD-a-Month payout rates remain unchanged.

Of course, the fastest way to qualify for the higher payout rates is to submit more high-quality content. These earnings levels are not hard to reach as long as you submit your newest and best work to us.

In return, you can expect us to continue our marketing efforts, product development, and the heavy investment necessary to improve our technology. Our new footage subscription products are a great example of how all these things come together successfully, and there are many others in the pipeline. We continue to hire aggressively to improve our already excellent customer support, and we now offer full time support and site translations in eight foreign languages and counting. We will soon be launching beta versions of our French, German, and Spanish translated Submit sites, which will provide an even better experience for our submitters who are native speakers of these languages.

It is our pleasure to offer you this increase -- it is our way of thanking you again for your support, loyalty and, above all, your fantastic content.

Best Regards,

Shutterstock

This must be a joke. Please tell me this is a joke. Our threads about when this would be announced ticked everyone at SS off and so you gave us this to hold us over until it's really announced?

That or this is going to get heated quick.

Hi SS,

Thanks for this raise. Under present circumstances it is fair especially for EL's.

Just need one more DL to reach $3000!

Regards,

Mack

Your better expand the scale for people with lifetime earnings over $50.000 and $100.000. That will keep top contributors away from exclusivity in another places and would give hope for bright future to all others

2303,1206980608,15.jpg

wow!! thanks very much. Great incentive for those not in the higher bands too

Yeah - for your yearly raise, if you've made less than $500 you get....... NADA.

... don't believe that SS is the go-to place anymore ... dissapointing (especially if you consider what they raised their rates to and what their reported earnings are)... lots to come out of this I am sure !

For me, its a 20% increase over the 30 cents I'm currently getting. Frankly, I'm OK with that. Of course, I can't (and wouldn't) speak for anybody else.

Ro

Seriously, I was actually expecting a raise! This is insane! If you are charging people more to purchase my images I want some of the pie. This is truly insane!

That's the thing isn't it?

Submitters under $500 are getting the same $ they were before - even tho SS is charging more. Submitters in the $5k to $3000 range just got a 3 freaking cent raise. THREE CENTS?! That's not even funny. 50% raise on SS should mean at least a 30% raise on our side. AT LEAST. That's a joke - a very bad, how many images can I get up on those other sites bad, joke.

Don't want to flog a dead horse as I can't imagine you thought anyone would be happy with this, but, for the record, I think this is a very poor way to treat your contributors.