Vector Color Profiles

I submitted a vector image twice and made the same mistake, twice! The reason for the rejection is a new one to me....."Color Profiles--Your image contains both RGB and CMYK color profiles. Please resubmit your vector with only 1 color profile"

The second time I submitted I made sure all my colors were RGB in the EPS file by using the "convert to RGB" colors filter...then double checked the file. I assumed the Color Profiles referred to the colors in the EPS file.

I have some more vectors ready for upload but don't want to chance it until I understand this issue. If anyone will enlighten me on what I might be doing wrong I will be most grateful!

Kathy

Hi kathryn8,

I checked one rejected image (#11180395) and this is what appears to me as I try to open it in Illustrator:

---

Convert Color Mode

This document contains objects using both CMYK and RGB color modes. Illustrator allows only one color mode per document. Which color mode would you like to use?

Color Mode RGB

Color Mode CMYK

Please note: Objects using the unchosen color mode will be converted to the other color mode.

---

So, it appears that even though you are making sure that all the 'colors' were RGB, there may be Objects within your vectors that are not RGB and they should be if that is your color mode of preference.

Please check all objects within your vector files prior to submitting them for review.

Regards,

Shutterstock Support Team

Shutterstock

Anthony, thank you so much for trying to help...I should have said what version of Illustrator I was using. I use an older version, it is Adobe Illustrator 8.0 and I don't get that message when I open a file. I use Corel to create the vectors most of the time and just use Illustrator to finalize it and save as Illustrator EPS. There is a filter that converts the colors to RGB, CMYK, etc....that is what I always use before I upload a file.

Thanks,

Kathy