Learn about our "On The Red Carpet" program!

Hello:

I wanted to let everyone know that the Red Carpet program is doing very well. When venue management is approached correctly, access is being granted to events that our photographers ordinarily would not be able to secure on their own. This is why Shutterstock's Red Carpet program exists... to help all of our submitters gain access to events that they would not be able to secure on their own.

We have had some Red Carpet requests denied recently which is quite normal. Some issues have started with the Red Carpet applications themselves where our photographer did not provide proper press contact details or there was simply not enough time to coordinate access. For access to any event, time is essential.

Please Note: I can guarantee everyone who applies that I will do my best to arrange for proper event access, no matter where that event may be taking place.

Sincerely,

Shutterstock Support Team

Shutterstock

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi everyone,

I want to write about my experiences with the Red Carpet Program.

I used it to get a press pass for the "Berlin Air Show" (ILA) in Berlin, Germany.

So at first I want to say: The program is just great!

I filled the contract with the required data and send it to presspass@shutterstock.com.

After two days I got the required confirmation letter which is used to get access right at the entrance of the event.

At first I received an unsigned letter, but after an email the support reacted very quickly (despite of Memorial Day) and send an email with the signed confirmation.

With this confirmation I was able to get a press pass on the counter at the event very quickly. They had an own counter for the press (the other visitors had to wait about one hour to get a ticket and to get through the security control, but I just walked to the press counter and after 5 minutes I was inside with my personal press pass).

I was able to use special areas, only available for the press at the event, so I could make the best possible shots. (See them in my portfolio)

One last thing concerning the support:

Shutterstock Support Team is just great :)

He has redone the "caption work" (you are asked to make special descriptions for each photo, which follow special "Red Carpet" guidelines), because I did some failures.

What I wanted to say: Shutterstock is doing really everything they can do to support you.

I hope you find this information useful.

Sorry for my bad English :(

And special thanks to ANTHONY CORREIA!

(And no, I am not being paid to write a comment like this in the forum. Trust me, the program is just great and unique!)

Hello,

I started a half year ago and used to shoot about 20 events in the church where I am active (this events contain special visitors, concerts, sport events for the youth etc.).

But I think shutterstock will give most people a chance when they like their work. If they think that you have the necessary photographic skills, they will support you. Just my opinion. I can only say that you have to try it. You will see if they support you or not (but I think you have good chances).

What do you have to loose?

Nothing.

Just try :)

When shooting at events such as NASCAR where there are logos from companies all over the cars what do you need to do to get permission to submit pictures? Also when shooting at events such as PGA, NASCAR, or concerts what do you need to do to get model releases or by getting a photography pass to a particular event automatically infer a release? Thanks.

Hi artcphotos,

Shooting events like NASCAR where company logos are prevalent (and unavoidable) requires the image to be editorial. No special permission from us is necessary for you to submit these kind of images. Our review team will determine what is acceptable or not (what is newsworthy or not. An editorial image should be newsworthy.) An editorial image does not require a model release.

Sincerely,

Shutterstock

• 2 weeks later...

Hello misterfunk74,

Unfortunately, to apply for the Shutterstock Red Carpet Program you must already be an active Shutterstock submitter.

I would recommend you submit your first initial ten batch of images, become an active submitter and then try applying for the program.

Good luck1

Sincerely,

Shutterstock

Hello susanb:

I sent a test from my email now to presspass@shutterstock.com with no issues at all.

Try sending the email again. if you still have a problem, send an email to me directly: anthony@shutterstock.com

Remember, please fill out the form located here first http://submit.shutterstock.com/redcarpet.pdf and email it to us right away at: presspass@shutterstock.com

Always remember to try and get your requests in to us as soon as possible. Event access may take some time to coordinate so, the sooner you file your requests, the more likely it will be for us to help you secure the proper venue access.

Sincerely,

Shutterstock

Hello:

A Shutterstock Red Carpet contributor based in Portugal recently posted his concert experience at this thread: http://submit.shutterstock.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=41153

Our Red Carpet program is truly global. I encourage anyone interested in participating to fill out the form located here first http://submit.shutterstock.com/redcarpet.pdf and email it to us right away at: presspass@shutterstock.com for processing.

Always remember to try and get your requests in to us as soon as possible. Event access may take some time to coordinate so, the sooner a request is filed with us, the more likely it will be for us to help you secure the proper venue access!

Sincerely,

Shutterstock

Hello tgtg:

Since Shutterstock helps a submitter secure a press pass for an event worldwide, the two year exclusivity term is fair and reasonable.

Sincerely,

Shutterstock

easy to find other independent way. May be you reduce exclusivity to half year for example?

Hello tgtg:

The Red Carpet program exists in order to help submitters gain access to special events when, ordinarily, they would not be able to get that access on their own or through another 'independent way.' No one is forced to apply. We require a two year exclusivity for the work required in gaining the access.

If you can secure access another way, you are more than welcome to do so. If you retain the copyright for those event images to then upload to us here, then that would be great too.

Sincerely,

Shutterstock