Sign in to follow this  
thephotoguy

Message to Admin.

Today, I had quite a few "not approved" for "limited commercial value". Seems like quite a few people are having the same reason for not being approved.

"not approved" for limited commercial value,etc.etc.

yep, you bet.

6 out of 8 are those for today.

That is crazy. 6 out of 8 for the same reason and you have been doing this for how long???? I wonder how long this reviewer has been on the job?

Happens. Not very often, but it does happen.

I agree it does happen but 6 out of 8 come on. Also I have a few friends and I would say over half of their batch was for that reason. I can understand if you submit 10 and 1 or two are for that reason but the majority. No WAY.

I have had a 6 out of 11 in the last batch I submitted.

Limited Commercial Value--We do not need this image at this time

I took it as they were saying we have too many of that kind of image.

Dennis

Yes, 6 of 18 in the last batch and 4 were rejected as similars but they weren't. There were none accepted that were similar to the 4 rejected as similars unless you count the fact that they are all underwater images. And if that were the case, 17 of 18 should have been rejected! LMAO

I also had one totally out-of-the-ordinary reviewer last week. Rejected about half the batch for the "limited commercial value" and even the "too many of similar subjects" was used which was absolutely incorrect. It was so far out of line with my usual experience with reviewing here...it was ODD.

I don't think so. There's a midstock agency across the "big pond" that has 11 million online. I think SS has a long way to go to catch up. :D

There is always a need for new and fresh images. I just think it is a new reviewer that feels they have something to prove. I am kind of scared to submit a batch myself...LOL

If you feel your images have been incorrectly rejected then you should write to support about it. Complaining here, especially in this particular forum is not likely to get you an answer. I do tend to agree though that it is most likely a new reviewer or two have been added. This kind of stuff always happens when new reviewers come on board.

If you feel your images have been incorrectly rejected then you should write to support about it. Complaining here, especially in this particular forum is not likely to get you an answer. I do tend to agree though that it is most likely a new reviewer or two have been added. This kind of stuff always happens when new reviewers come on board.

Fair enough Bobby, I agree that would be the best thing to do,but, support haven't been answering any e-mails for months,several submitters have requested red carpet press cards,and have had to forego the events because their requests weren't answered. Regards, Ken

Yep...here too. "limited commercial value", for navigation templates....similar to these http://www.shutterstock.com/cat.mhtml?lang=en&searchterm=navigation+templates&anyorall=all&search_cat=&search_group=all&orient=all&photographer_name=&searchtermx=&color=

Search for navigation templates, returned 2 pages.The ones that are popular , seem to be the best sellers in creators portfolios???? Weird.

If I draw a cat....it will get accepted and go to page one zillion.

Maybe it's a new reviewer?

I've also been hit by the "Limited Commercial Value" reviewer as well. Maybe someone having a bad day or wanting to clock-out for the day that they zoned in on one "button" to get through the queue.

Anyway, I'll resubmit a couple of the rejected images a little further down the road. I've done this before. An image that was initially rejected for "poor composition/limited commercial value" has in fact become my best seller (my current avatar). Another initially rejected image picked up an EL.

Another example of "one person's garbage is another person's treasure"...or something like that.

This was just rejected for "Limited Commercial value" ??? Maybe it's not business stock or "Pure" stock But I think There dead wrong. It has value. Im a little upset about this and I hear all of ya on this issue.Kinda silly.

post-4812-14368308788599_thumb.jpg

yep same here!! I also just got "not approved" and that's it no explaination or anything. I just figured the image was so bad that the reviewer didn't have time to put all that was wrong with it lol!! oh well

Michelle

I started getting the "limited commercial value" last week. But, here's the one (reject reason) that really really got me. They rejected 2 for "title too long". LOL SS allows up to 200 characters for a title. Unfortunately, SS picks up our iptc description data and not our iptc title data for their title information. And, yes, I do know that title data is not included in the search algorithm at SS, however, I do like to tell the photobuyer a bit about my photographs, on occasion. As long as I stay within the 200 character limit, what harm is it doing? So, I get 2 rejected and I immediately turned around resubmitted with a note to the reviewer that it was a resub and why. They were accepted. :>)

Hmmm, same here - 4 of 17 uploaded.

If I resubmit, I'll bury them in other images, otherwise these shots go elsewhere, no big deal.