Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
imagist

Timing of the 2008 raise...

241 posts in this topic

Dear Submitters:

We wanted to let you know that we've been working hard on the details of your 2008 commission increase, and we think you'll be very pleased with the new terms. The final stage of this process is to test new price points for Shutterstock products, which we will do over the next two months. We will then evaluate the results of these price increases and finalize your raise. We expect to be able to announce the raise to you during the first two weeks of May. It will be effective immediately.

This year we will also be experimenting with some "starter" products that offer a less expensive entry point to account holders that have never purchased from us before. These new products will offer a brief trial of our user-friendly subscription model, so the account holder can experience first hand all of the benefits of being a paid Shutterstock customer. We're confident that by doing this we'll convert even more site users into happy -- and actively downloading -- customers.

We're proud that we have the best library in the industry and offer the best products, and we will continue to encourage you, our talented submitters, to submit your outstanding content. Thank you for letting us represent your work.

Best Regards,

Shutterstock

Very good.

I just received an announcement from Shutterstock that rates were increasing from 3rd March.

However, I must say as a buyer, the rates don't make good commercial sense. 1 month increases from £109 to £149, 1 Year increases from £1,099 to £1,529. I am all for a fairer cut for photographers, but there seems hardly much incentive for a buyer to sign up for the full year.

As a seller, will we get a share of the increased profits for the first month of March?

And lastly, what happens to the 500 downloads increased price (which I have been working hard to achieve). It was an increase by 5 cents per image - will this still be the case?

Gav

I love the next bit with all the speculation that follows :-)

Especially since Imagist said we will be very pleased

So I'll start with all downloads increased to 30 cents 40 cents for those over 1000 and referral downloads increased to 0.04.

I'd like to see the referral downloads in particular increased.

And remember this is all speculation, wildly inaccurate but fun :-)

Here's my guess...

Still 0.25 to start.

Then 0.30 after $500 in earnings.

Then a new tier for 0.35 after $2500 in earnings.

Oh, no! I like PJ's numbers much better! :D

Well...I'm almost at that 'other' tier, if we are going by earnings lol. I like Pj's numbers better. I'm looking forward to a raise, and hopefully I'll be safely in that 'raise zone', unlike last time when it seemed like forever to get to $500 LOL

Here's my guess...

Still 0.25 to start.

Then 0.30 after $500 in earnings.

Then a new tier for 0.35 after $2500 in earnings.

Great. Now I can have butter on my toast.

gav

Dear Submitters:

We wanted to let you know that we've been working hard on the details of your 2008 commission increase, and we think you'll be very pleased with the new terms. The final stage of this process is to test new price points for Shutterstock products, which we will do over the next two months. We will then evaluate the results of these price increases and finalize your raise. We expect to be able to announce the raise to you during the first two weeks of May. It will be effective immediately.

This year we will also be experimenting with some "starter" products that offer a less expensive entry point to account holders that have never purchased from us before. These new products will offer a brief trial of our user-friendly subscription model, so the account holder can experience first hand all of the benefits of being a paid Shutterstock customer. We're confident that by doing this we'll convert even more site users into happy -- and actively downloading -- customers.

We're proud that we have the best library in the industry and offer the best products, and we will continue to encourage you, our talented submitters, to submit your outstanding content. Thank you for letting us represent your work.

Best Regards,

Shutterstock

Aw, c'mon - give us a hint!

This is, even without details, extremely welcome news. Thanks, SS.

Dear Submitters:

Best Regards,

Shutterstock

Aw, c'mon - give us a hint!

This is, even without details, extremely welcome news. Thanks, SS.

Dear Submitters:

The final stage of this process is to test new price points for Shutterstock products, which we will do over the next two months. We will then evaluate the results of these price increases and finalize your raise.

If you need a help for tests... I'm ready

The new fees show quite a substantial increase, so my hope is:

.30- sub $500 level 1

.35- $500-1000 level 2

.40-$1000-2500 level 3

.45-$2500-5000 level 4

.50-$5000+ level 5

Great news! I am so looking forward to the raise!

Shutterstock is such a great company to work with. Very good sales, no hassles, and you have always taken good care of us contributors. Many thanks, once again!

Can't wait for the next phase of the news... :-D