Camera bags/ backpacks

Hi,

I bought a large handbag with well fixed on handles and lined the inside with that sponge padding. I use the outside pockets for normal handbag stuff and the main area for my camera.

I normally have a 350D with battery pack and a 24-70mm f2.8 lens in there plus occasionally another small lens or flash. I can, just, get the camera and the 70-200 in. I took the camera and lens with me when I went looking so I knew it would fit in.

This has the advantage of not looking like a camera bag when you are wandering around.

Christine

lowepro backpacks are comfortable to wear and in all sizes

I'm definately not a handbag kind of girl; terrible to carry things in your hands when you can easily carry it on your back

yea, I'd like to find either a nice backpack or messenger style over the shoulder bag...but all the ones I have seen so far are pretty ugly...so I'd either liek to find a cute one, or buy a jansport or something if I had to and convert it somehow (lots of padding on the bottom = padded inserts)

I took the padding out of my big camera bag - it is a B&W, that I got because it had a solid inner and I could sit on it when out taking pictures of dog events - unfortunately it is too heavy to carry around when full of camera kit so I had to take the plastic box out which rather defeated the object. The padding has lots of velco on it as well so it sticks to all sorts of things

Christine

PS I only started carrying a handbag for my camera, used to use a bum-bag or my pockets

I also use a large handbag. I found a big Tommy Hilfiger bag online and bought it, then cut up one of the ugly boxy camera bags so I could use the thick padding. My bag didn't come with a shoulder strap though, so I use the one from my big business/briefcase bag instead. I can swap it back and forth as needed.

The handbag is large enough for the camera, accessories, lenses, and my TabletPC in a foam sleeve. Plus wallet, phone and other standard stuff. It's 10-15 lbs when fully loaded, but I love the style *much* more than even the so-called "girl" bag designs out there these days. And as mentioned already: It doesn't look like a camera or laptop bag either.

I use nothing but. pelican and storm Hard cases with rollers and a handle. they are carryon size.Bags are to heavy for me.and not very good protection.I've seen to many times, forgetting a zipper and BAM there goes a lens.

That happend to me!

I dropped my camera attached to my 70-200mm lens out of my backpack from my truck, $500.00 repair!

Im extra careful now

I use nothing but. pelican and storm Hard cases with rollers and a handle. they are carryon size.Bags are to heavy for me.and not very good protection.I've seen to many times, forgetting a zipper and BAM there goes a lens.

That happend to me!

I dropped my camera attached to my 70-200mm lens out of my backpack from my truck, $500.00 repair!

Im extra careful now

Mike , there not going to listen to us until it cost them money with there stuff falling out on the ground. let them play.

Especially with top loader bags it's pretty hard to let you stuff fall out imo. In the end it's all about being a bit carefull with your equipment I guess...

How about Billingham btw? Maybe not really cute but they make great bags that last a lifetime :)