.wmvs are ending up at 1000 fps!

Hi,

I have a windows movie format .wmv that I created at 1440 x 1090 at 29.97 fps that was uploaded to your site via FTP and approved. That part worked great.

Once the approval process occurred on your servers, the video ended up at 1000 FPS. Here is the URL for you to see for yourself: http://footage.shutterstock.com/video.html?id=58123

The same thing happened to all of the High Def videos I submitted and that were approved. Something is happening in the process on the Shutterstock server side that is converting the videos to 1000 frames per second. This same thing happened to another contributor way back in March of this year: http://submit.shutterstock.com/forum/post-212790.html but doesn't seem to have been fixed.

I wanted to point out this problem so that the programmers at shutter can work on this conversion issue.

That´s hilarious! Now I know how I could try timelapse the easy way...

Sorry, it wasn´t me who uploaded the file (though I also had to upload one clip again today because it didn´t process). Hope it can be fixed, your horses look indeed a little bit "jumpy" :)...

Stay FAR away from uploading .wmv files. This should be stressed more often, since most NLE's won't handle it as good as it would handle a standard DV-Codec file.

Stick to DV-AVI or DV-MOV for Standard Def stuff. High Def is a little trickier but the file format container should still stay .mov

Have a look at this thread for HDV: http://submit.shutterstock.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=19043

Hi Alan,

You will probably spend more time in waiting than it would take you convert your clip into mjpeg-mov if the footage is interlaced or photojpeg-mov if it´s progressive with 95% quality (or 90% if the file gets very big at 95). You can do so with the freeware program mpeg-Streamclip, there is no need to buy Apple quicktime. You will only have to install quicktime player 7.0 (also freeware) to run Streamclip.

Send a note to the reviewer that the clip has already been approved and is resubmitted now because of the framerate-issue. If they didn´t fix the wmv problem since march, they probably won`t do it at all because there are only a few people uploading this codec for the reason mentioned by Digitalchaos.

Another tip: I would not use mpeg2 for SD-footage, DV-avi (standard avi1.0, not avi2.0 open-dml, that doesn´t work here) or DV-mov is always better, and higher selling possibilities are more important than faster uploads imho...

Greetings,

Stefan

PS: If you create mov-files: they often look bad if you watch them with Windows Mediaplayer. That doesn´t meen that the clip is bad, it only means that Mr. Jobs doesn´t want people to play back his files with Mr. Gates´ player... If they look ok in mpeg streamclip they should be ok.

Is it my imagination or is the review time on footage slowing to a crawl? I have over 60 put BACK on the queue to be reviewed) again after being approved but running at 1000 fps) and it's been since Wednesday that they've sat there. I can't imagine that the footage at the top of the review list are taking 4 days are they?

Also: Still waiting to hear back from an ADMIN about the .wmv at 1000 fps issue that's been occuring since March. Regardless of whether .wmv is good, bad, or ugly, if it's an accepted format on SHUTTER, it ought to work correct. A note from the admin team saying that it's on the list of technical things to fix would be really outstanding.