• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wow, just got a $133.52 photo sale. Thanks for the buyer and SS!

I had some months at level 5 where I earned  less than what I earned at level 1 and 2 in the first month. This is just a game of luck by now. Yes, clearly Shutterstock has rewarded me with great ear

As the alien invasion appears to stop at weekends 🤞 maybe we can keep this thread (and the forums) going 🤞 All the best for a better September than August.

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Steven Tritton said:

No sales on AS or Pond5 for September, $7 sales on Shutter to date. Overall quiet start to the month but very early days.  

Ha! An ideal comparison with 10 sales on SS as well as 10 at ADBE.

$3.23 at SS and £7.01 at ADBE (~$9.72). Seems like I sold more recently at ADBE after they took 4 images for their free collection. Maybe 'free' does get more views and sales of the royalty free?

10 minutes ago, stevemart said:

Ha! An ideal comparison with 10 sales on SS as well as 10 at ADBE.

$3.23 at SS and £7.01 at ADBE (~$9.72). Seems like I sold more recently at ADBE after they took 4 images for their free collection. Maybe 'free' does get more views and sales of the royalty free?

I actually didn't participate in Adobe's free collection program and yet had my BME there in August. Made me think, maybe the free offers actually did work to bring in more buying customers.   

33 minutes ago, Steven Tritton said:

I actually didn't participate in Adobe's free collection program and yet had my BME there in August. Made me think, maybe the free offers actually did work to bring in more buying customers.   

Quite possibly. Out of the 100+ assets that Adobe chose, I nominated only a handful as possibles for inclusion into their free program. Some poor sellers there are reasonable sellers here and I didn't want to jeopardize those sales here and excluded those images from the choice.

September started very nicely, but then came to a very predictable stop, as most of my sales are from the US, and they went into a looong holiday weekend. Hoping things will pick up now.

After the first days of September gave hope, now everything is back to the old.

My RPD yesterday was $0.13.

"We are making this adjustment in order to ... help to create fair opportunities for all our contributors, and reward performance with greater earnings potential."

Yeah! Level 5 is great! What a reward!

38 minutes ago, Wilm Ihlenfeld said:
"We are making this adjustment in order to ... help to create fair opportunities for all our contributors, and reward performance with greater earnings potential."

I had some months at level 5 where I earned  less than what I earned at level 1 and 2 in the first month. This is just a game of luck by now.
Yes, clearly Shutterstock has rewarded me with great earnings potential. But I would have preferred it if they had rewarded me with great earnings, not just with the potential of it. 😒 I can't pay my rent with potential.

27 minutes ago, Wilm Ihlenfeld said:

After the first days of September gave hope, now everything is back to the old.

My RPD yesterday was $0.13.

My RPD yesterday was even lower at $0.12 and for the month so far $0.26.....and $0.95 at ADBE

10 minutes ago, Firn said:

I had some months at level 5 where I earned  less than what I earned at level 1 and 2 in the first month. This is just a game of luck by now.
Yes, clearly Shutterstock has rewarded me with great earnings potential. But I would have preferred it if they had rewarded me with great earnings, not just with the potential of it. 😒 I can't pay my rent with potential.

So true!!!

16 minutes ago, stevemart said:

My RPD yesterday was even lower at $0.12 and for the month so far $0.26.....and $0.95 at ADBE

Complete August here: RPD $0,385. At AS it was $1,174. That's why shutterstock fell down to third position in my case. And that's the reason why I don't upload anymore to shutterstock - it is not worth my time.

1 minute ago, Wilm Ihlenfeld said:

Complete August here: RPD $0,385. At AS it was $1,174. That's why shutterstock fell down to third position in my case. And that's the reason why I don't upload anymore to shutterstock - it is not worth my time.

My last upload was in May/June 2020 just prior to the rate-cut announcement but I haven't really uploaded much since 2018 when I noticed that my new uploads were getting deluged by massive volumes of images from others. When new work only lasts a few hours on the first page of 'New' instead of days as in the past, I thought it pointless to keep uploading.