17 minutes ago, oleschwander said:

Seems to me the resolution is not good enough to judge. But for example you can’t read what’s written on the marble plate.

Try and resubmit one of them.

Thanks oleschwander. The inscription on the marble slab is very worn but when you zoom in to well over 100%, you can read it all right.
Boh

What was the aperture, lens focal length and the size of your camera's sensor used to take these images?  While SS's AI has a very low IQ and is not up to the task of reviewing anything (let along photographs), all of these could have an affect on the depth of field of these images which might cause a focus rejection.

I have had focus stacked images rejected for focus so I wouldn't fret too much over rejections.  It's obvious that Shutterstock only interest is the current bottom line.  The use of an unqualified review process as well as the current forum spam are prime examples.  It will come back to haunt them based upon my corporate experience.       

13 minutes ago, Steve Bower said:

What was the aperture, lens focal length and the size of your camera's sensor used to take these images?  While SS's AI has a very low IQ and is not up to the task of reviewing anything (let along photographs), all of these could have an affect on the depth of field of these images which might cause a focus rejection.

I have had focus stacked images rejected for focus so I wouldn't fret too much over rejections.  It's obvious that Shutterstock only interest is the current bottom line.  The use of an unqualified review process as well as the current forum spam are prime examples.  It will come back to haunt them based upon my corporate experience.       

😉 Thanks

For me, something has changed with the review in the last few weeks.  Previously, I had only few problems with rejections.

Apart from the fact that the review has become extremely slow, I have almost 90 % rejections for focus in the last two weeks. This is quite unusual for me.

Maybe the chinese Spamers took over the review 😬

1794143376_ScreenShot2021-09-03at10_13_30AM.png.630034079f19ee450a65b4743cffe68a.pngI've been getting lots of out of focus rejections for photos that are NOT out of focus, this one for example. I submitted it 3 times and it was rejected every time for being out of focus. Every part of the flower is sharp. It's sold 16 times at AS in a short period of time, and has also been selling at IS. I no longer bother resubmitting to SS after rejections. It wastes my time and I've lost interest...

7 hours ago, CherylRamalho said:

1794143376_ScreenShot2021-09-03at10_13_30AM.png.630034079f19ee450a65b4743cffe68a.pngI've been getting lots of out of focus rejections for photos that are NOT out of focus, this one for example. I submitted it 3 times and it was rejected every time for being out of focus. Every part of the flower is sharp. It's sold 16 times at AS in a short period of time, and has also been selling at IS. I no longer bother resubmitting to SS after rejections. It wastes my time and I've lost interest...

you are right. It's very sad

Hello there!

I am having in the last weeks too some of my photos which were rejected because they were "out of focus". This did not happen to me before, if not for very rare occasion!

I don't understand what changed in the review process of ShutterStock, I really don't agree with the reviewer. If photos have to be seen with a microscope they all appear out of focus but if you just see them as a normal big size they seem to be ok!

What do you think we shall do? Write everyone some complains to Shutterstock?

Regards,

Lorenzo

Here it is one of my rejected photos because "out of focus, hope you can see it: https://download.shutterstock.com/gatekeeper/W3siZCI6ICJzaHV0dGVyc3RvY2stdXBsb2FkcyIsICJrIjogInBlbmRpbmdfcGhvdG8vMjU2MDU2MjQxMS9tZWRpdW0uanBnIiwgImUiOiAxNjMwOTA2MDc2LCAibSI6IDB9LCAiWlJXRXd3ZVcwaVFPVjVCai8rTHpseHRYdkw0Il0=/2036040485_medium.jpg

Jane, it is fine that the photo has to be sharp  at 100%, but sometimes it seems that this is not enough for SS's reviewer. Anyway this time I have submitted one more times the same photos, indicating that they were previously submitted, and this time they were accepted. So I guess that the second review is more accurated than the first one.

Lorenzo

As a sort of “my two cents” and a slight aside. It feels like I’ve also been getting more rejections for “focus” than usual. Which is sort of weird because some/most of the same photos that were rejected here for “focus”, got accepted at other sites!  a photo being in focus, one might presume, is one thing that all sites should be able to agree on.

10 hours ago, LorenzoPeg said:

Jane, it is fine that the photo has to be sharp  at 100%, but sometimes it seems that this is not enough for SS's reviewer. Anyway this time I have submitted one more times the same photos, indicating that they were previously submitted, and this time they were accepted. So I guess that the second review is more accurated than the first one.

Lorenzo

That's often the case, unfortunately!

Now this is something really ridiculous. Either the AI needs to be calibrated or the Inspector needs to be fired because he only pushed a button without inspecting. I just had 40 Editorial images rejected (I uploaded 40). All of them out of focus. Every Foto is unrelated to each other and while I may agree with some of them being not absolutely perfect the majority is pretty sharp. When a whole batch gets rejected for the same reason in a short time than there is something wrong with the Inspection system and someone should look at it. Otherwise it is not worth wasting the time on SS when I get the same images accepted on every other site with no problems. 

1 hour ago, Michael Warwick said:

I have submitted some photos that are 3-4 images stacked and taken using a tripod. They are super sharp throughout the image and yet they get rejected for focus!. SS needs to ditch the AI. This sucks!

I wonder if it's because of Al. Well, when everything was approved within a few seconds. But now that it's taken so long, I'm not sure if they still have Al on.
It can also be done by an underpaid reviewer

35 minutes ago, Thijs de Graaf said:

I wonder if it's because of Al. Well, when everything was approved within a few seconds. But now that it's taken so long, I'm not sure if they still have Al on.
It can also be done by an underpaid approver.

That is also my impression. The review intervals are too irregular for an AI. In addition, an AI is unlikely to have weekends off. I also believe there are underpaid reviewers working there, supported by AI at best. But that doesn't change the fact that the review is annoying.