3 hours ago, Doug McLean said:

With the amount of spam increasing, and since it seems Shutterstock makes no effort to control it (even though it would be easy to do), the forums are now pretty much useless.

I'll hang out in the forums on some of the other sites I submit to.

Goodbye everyone.

I don't blame you Doug. I think I'll be following you out of the door.
This forum used to be fantastic, a great wealth of info, help, support and discussion. Most people have left anyway. This undealt with spamming is just the nail in the coffin. 

2 hours ago, Wilm Ihlenfeld said:

With each post you can click "Report". I did that today - connected with the comment "Spam". For at least 30 or 40 of those Posts. But apparently the forum is uninteresting for the shareholders - and therefore also for shutterstock.

1256445025_Nothingreallymatters.jpg.2ff50278c98c592be22be1893791bf22.jpg

Except this...............

NickPic142 2021-09-02, 02_22_42.jpg

5 hours ago, Wilm Ihlenfeld said:

With each post you can click "Report". I did that today - connected with the comment "Spam". For at least 30 or 40 of those Posts. But apparently the forum is uninteresting for the shareholders - and therefore also for shutterstock.

And unfortunately, since they seem to have done away with the moderation of first posts, they just create a new user name and start right back in if they are actually banned.

9 hours ago, Wilm Ihlenfeld said:

I am a little confused. The spaming is still visible, but I no longer have access to another post.

https://forums.submit.shutterstock.com/topic/111250-i-have-not-been-notified-of-access-to-level-4/?do=findComment&comment=1910540

Bildschirmfoto 2021-09-02 um 11.47.42.png

It is not you. This error is shown when the OP deleted the post.

What the spamming concerns, the owners here don't care apparently.

I think most SS contributors have their "nose full" already and they don't care either. I noticed that no threads were opened for SS on MSG either throughout August, except for the first days of the month.

58 minutes ago, Whiteaster said:

It is not you. This error is shown when the OP deleted the post.

What the spamming concerns, the owners here don't care apparently.

I think most SS contributors have their "nose full" already and they don't care either. I noticed that no threads were opened for SS on MSG either throughout August, except for the first days of the month.

Thank you for this information, Whiteaster!

So sorry to see you leaving Doug, can't blame you tho, everyone is tired of this Asian spam person, it looks like as soon as he/she is banned by SS new account is created to spam this forum again :( I can't stop wondering what is this spammer expecting from his/her action but, well, it's here.... 

wish you all the best, hope you'll return at some point in the future

14 minutes ago, oleschwander said:

Wonder what the idea is for this kind of spamming. A hobby for maladapted young people - like graffiti tagging?

They are selling Ole.  It's all one set of people relating to a fake college: (see below).

So, they are selling fake education certificates for colleges all around the world.  I put a translation in another thread but that's the long and short of it, plus I believe it's probably some other stuff to do with the services they offer.  You can see the college it's relating to in each thread.

Sstock is hosting illegal activities.

微信图片_20210508140800.jpg

It looks to me as though Sstock is possibly banning them re our contact via various contributors (emails, Twitter, Facebook) (although as always there's no courtesy of acknowledgement of the contact) but they are just re-joining each time with a new ID (another has joined just now, on the S&T thread). 

As there is no longer any monitoring of the forums and anyone can join (without a portfolio) and post immediately, this can and probably will go on forever, unless the posters cover every college in the world, and then they may just start again.  Bots don't get tired.

19 hours ago, oleschwander said:

Wonder what the idea is for this kind of spamming. A hobby for maladapted young people - like graffiti tagging?

Probably in China Covid lockdown....bored out out of their skulls with an armed soldier at the door to enforce quarantine compliance.

6 hours ago, Sheila Fitzgerald said:

I tagged SS contributor page on Twitter asking why they weren't addressing this issue of spam and my post was deleted.

Yep! They're too busy with their 'Inclusiveness' . God help anyone trying to disturb their Zen frame of mind! 👓