• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Come to the Shutterstock forum for some inspiration and instead find more spam threads than sales for the month! 🤪

Not the human being, of which we should be proud.  

They probably just want us to leave instead of hiring people to kick us out or shut it down.

Posted Images

This forum is clearly no longer moderated and is only used by a few contributors. Certainly not enough for SS to care.

SS will be looking at Key Performance Indicators and not at the forum. For example, rate of new images/videos being uploaded and overall sales increase/decrease. Big companies only really worry about suppliers when they are so big or so critical that they can hurt the business. I don't think there are very many - if any - contributors who fall into that category.

On here, as contributors, we see things from our point of view. However, having spent my career working with big companies, their point of view will be very different.

2 hours ago, Charles Lewis said:

This forum is clearly no longer moderated and is only used by a few contributors. Certainly not enough for SS to care.

SS will be looking at Key Performance Indicators and not at the forum. For example, rate of new images/videos being uploaded and overall sales increase/decrease. Big companies only really worry about suppliers when they are so big or so critical that they can hurt the business. I don't think there are very many - if any - contributors who fall into that category.

On here, as contributors, we see things from our point of view. However, having spent my career working with big companies, their point of view will be very different.

On the other hand, say what you want about them, but GI/IS have the most helpful forums around. I've never had a query unanswered and it's always a moderator who answers them and keeps people updated about what's going on with the contributors site. There are bugs aplenty with the site and the app but at least you have a forum where those complaints can be made and addressed. Unlike here...

2 hours ago, balajisrinivasan said:

On the other hand, say what you want about them, but GI/IS have the most helpful forums around. I've never had a query unanswered and it's always a moderator who answers them and keeps people updated about what's going on with the contributors site. There are bugs aplenty with the site and the app but at least you have a forum where those complaints can be made and addressed. Unlike here...

I'm actually only on SS forum.
When I started on Shutter I was advised against GI/IS because they had dropped in price.
On the Alamy forum I soon had problems with some haughty, stupid people. 🙂 But otherwise it is similar to the old SS forum.
I once looked up the Adobe forum for a question. I thought that is for both customers and contributors. Which is handy because of all the products they provide.
I agree with Wilm that the Shutterstock forum is slowly becoming for a relatively small group, which is of no interest to them.
Big companies do indeed think differently, sometimes quite antisocial like Shutterstock. What it is, of course. I understand that they don't want to educate the competition, but it's a small effort to explain which direction it is going, what they want with the forum.

27 minutes ago, David Calvert said:

I reported the spam posts to SS on Twitter yesterday. They responded to me quickly and it looks like they’ve dealt with the posts. 

15 minutes ago, oleschwander said:

Looks like someone is alive at Shutterstock after all. 😂 Now we just need them to take actions by themselves.

They are still there. Not removed. Just pushed back down by the threads being brought back up.

@Linda Bestwick @Repelsteeltje @Patrick Cooper are a 3 armed army (or 6 armed?) valiantly fighting the alien invaders.

7 minutes ago, Studio 2 said:

They are still there. Not removed. Just pushed back down by the threads being brought back up.

@Linda Bestwick @Repelsteeltje @Patrick Cooper are a 3 armed army (or 6 armed?) valiantly fighting the alien invaders.

It's not just our Chinese-writing friend, of course. Maybe he'll get tired of it and start bullying other people. But before him there was also all kinds of spam, which I wonder if that was also his.