.10 cent sales suck, but what's your lifetime average?

I've been here just over 12 years so I had the advantage of the "good old days" but my RPD hasn't changed as much as I expected.   However,  my monthly income is less than half of what it use to be.  Regrettably, I never got into video. 

Lifetime:  $.86

June:  $.66

July :  $.82  

Lifetime total of .71 ( no video)

Breakdown by year.
2006 - .25
2007 - .31
2008 - .37
2009 - .50
2010 - .54
2011 - .62
2012 - .69
2013 - .72
2014 - .79  (year of highest Earnings $$$)
2015 - .77 (year of highest number of DL’s)
2016 - .81
2017 - .92 (highest RPD but big drop off in DL’s and $$$)
2018 - .86 
2019 - .84
2020 - .76
2021 - .63

Here's a brief history of SS royalties.
Minus Video Stats (I have no reference for that).
*disclaimer just a quick look back at my history - not anything official*
2005 Sub’s .20

2006 Subs .20  
         OD’s introduced (3.99) 
          EL’s introduced $20
          March 30th Sub’s increased to .25  

2007 Subs .25  
         April 30 Sub’s increased to .30

2008 Subs .30   
         May 14th Levels introduced 
         Sub’s increased to .25 - .33 - .36 - .38
         OD’s increased to current tier level 
         El’s increased to $28 

2009  Subs & OD's - No Change

2010  Subs & OD's - No Change

2011 Subs & OD's - No Change
         SOD’s introduced ($2.94; $5.70 & $18.00 -- amounts I received)

2012 Subs & OD's - No Change 
         SOD's (Sept got first larger $90 DL) 

2013 Subs & OD's - No Change
         Facebook .38 SOD’s introduced (late January)

2014 Subs & OD's- No Change 
          Larger SOd’s
          June SOD’s for 125.61; 73.81; 120.00 (amounts I received)

2015 Subs & OD's - No Change

2016 Subs & OD's - No Change
         EL's change to your level pricing and amounts vary, but most under $28.00

2017 No Change

2018 No Change

And we all know what happened next.

• 2 weeks later...

$185,275  divided by 6204 downloads =  $29.86 per download.  Thus proving once again, how much more lucrative footage is vs. photos. 

A more useful figure is -- average earnings per image in your portfolio -- because that directly impacts how much you've earned vs. the work you have put into it.  My clips have earned an average of $20.64 per image.   ($185,275 divided by 8974 clips)

How does that number compare to others?

45 minutes ago, Doug Jensen said:

$185,275  divided by 6204 downloads =  $29.86 per download.  Thus proving once again, how much more lucrative footage is vs. photos. 

A more useful figure is -- average earnings per image in your portfolio -- because that directly impacts how much you've earned vs. the work you have put into it.  My clips have earned an average of $20.64 per image.   ($185,275 divided by 8974 clips)

How does that number compare to others?

As far as I remember, I've been in the microstock business much longer than you. So I also had much more time to earn a higher RPI than you.
You would have to set this to an identical comparison period – then the comparison between still and video would be more realistic from my point of view....

When did you start to sell videos?

2 hours ago, Doug Jensen said:

I first joined Shutterstock in June 2012, so a little over nine years now of sales.

What I had written is basically correct, Doug. But in retrospect, I realized that it's not even possible for me to calculate what my RPI is for the images I've uploaded since a certain point in time. So I can't compare it directly, unfortunately.

I've been on shutterstock at least 2 years longer than you have. So it would be interesting to know what your RPD is here in two years.

At shutterstock it is $38.8 for me.

Of course, since I have the same images online with the other agencies, my calculation is different. My RPI is well over $120, but I had to spend more UPI (Upload time per Image) than you.

But as far as your total income is concerned, yours is higher than mine and the gap is also getting bigger because I hardly upload anything anymore.

$38 is a great return!  Congratulations.   I'm sure never hit that number no matter how long I hang around.   Like you , however, my true RPI is a little higher than what I wrote because I have made tens of thousands of dollars from the same images at Adobe and P5.  Not as much as at Shutterstock, but still significant.

On 8/2/2021 at 11:33 PM, Wilm Ihlenfeld said:

$ 0.69

Snap! Started June 2012....lifetime earnings per dl = $0.69. Earnings per dl now vary a lot each month this year from $0.31 to $0.77 and usually toward the lower end of the range.

Stills only and haven't uploaded anything for 2 years.

9 hours ago, Doug Jensen said:

$38 is a great return!  Congratulations.   I'm sure never hit that number no matter how long I hang around.   Like you , however, my true RPI is a little higher than what I wrote because I have made tens of thousands of dollars from the same images at Adobe and P5.  Not as much as at Shutterstock, but still significant.

Thank you, Doug. It's not that much, though. There are contributors that have an RPI of several hundred dollars on shutterstock alone. Across agencies, their RPI is in the four digits.

4 hours ago, Former_Poster said:

Images only my current RPD is $0.79.  Pretty constant for most months 2020 and 2021 (except january with level reset)

Prior to the levels and paycut (so basically before 2020) it was abut $1.05 rpd for images

$1.05 is impressing! You must have had a lot of enhanced and high SODs.