Shutterstock's (innacurate) 'Asset Data'

Apologies if this hasn't been covered before - I'm always late to the party.

Just spotted the 'Asset Data' shown below images of mine, which appears to be inaccurate.

As an example, this image shown here claims popularity is 'low' and 'not used yet'. Wrong. It's been sold nearly 30 times and has appeared online in countless places. I then have another shot that has sold less than this image and is classed as 'high' popularity and 'commonly' used.

Why bother showing this data when it's clearly innacuate?

800.jpg

They clearly have a data synchronization problem. They know how many times a photo ('asset') has sold because they give us that data yet they seem unable to connect that data to their popularity/usage template.

I have a shot that has sold 32 times since February including four times in the last week but they rate it as Medium/not used yet. 

I suppose the real question is to what extent a customer will pay any attention to that information. Does it add anything to the purchase decision? Will they want a shot that everyone else is using or will they be looking for something a bit different?

First of all I have been here nearly 12 years so SS has a lot of data collected on my sales over the years.  Given this, my situation is probably quite different from the majority of contributors which have already posted their experience regarding this topic. 

I went through the first five pages of my portfolio and I found the "Asset Data" (popularity and usage) information to be quite accurate, other than for those newer images which have done well since submission.  Those images consistently showed "none" as popularity and usage of "not used yet". 

As other contributors have already stated, it appears that recent sales are not used in SS's "Asset Data" calculations.  Relatively new contributors' information may not be very accurate currently but I suspect (given sufficient time) current sales will be added to this calculation in the future.  This seems to be a rather simple analysis of sales data which even SS should be able to handle without difficulty.  Hopefully, I'm not wrong.

How this information will affect buyer's decision, I have no Idea.      

2 hours ago, Steve Bower said:

How this information will affect buyer's decision, I have no Idea.      

I was thinking that this morning, I don't like that it's there but it could work in your favour?, as in a buyer doesn't want to use the same stock shot/clip that everyone else is using so they pick on that's never been sold/used before?.  That, or they just pass on it thinking if no one else wanted it they maybe they don't want it either.