Scam, spam, phishing and dubious selling thread

You can put all your nasty crappy spam, scams, phishing and dubious selling posts in here so we don't have to avoid your links all over the rest of the forums.

In case anyone at Shutterstock ever takes the time nowadays to read this forum, please at the very least delete those threads.

They have hugely proliferated since Kate S left.

2 hours ago, oleschwander said:

As I remember Kate didn’t do anything - usually she didn’t answer at all …?

In my view it can be very difficult to spot this kind of posts. I think you mean post like “why don’t I sell images” or “please look at my port and criticise” ..? Some of the posts are sincere as I can see.

Lately, some very old threads have been picked up by people who are new and have no portfolio with a strange link in their first comment. See my answer and the thread I refer to and Whiteaster's answer .

Kate has never helped me and never bothered to answer me, @Alex Shutterstock, on the other hand, did in the past. But I don't think anything is checked on this forum anymore with Kate's disappearance.

4 hours ago, oleschwander said:

As I remember Kate didn’t do anything - usually she didn’t answer at all …?

In my view it can be very difficult to spot this kind of posts. I think you mean post like “why don’t I sell images” or “please look at my port and criticise” ..? Some of the posts are sincere as I can see.

They are all over the place in the forums.  Because I can no longer log in on my phone I keep an eye on what is going on by looking at the expanded view of all activity.  There it shows that regularly (usually daily) someone (a bot?) joins the forum and then immediately after posts something.  This is an example below from yesterday:

The Photo Critique Gallery from yesterday:

Two recent threads where contributors wasted their time answering the 'O/P'':

1 hour ago, Studio 2 said:

Regarding the most recent post on the below thread I realised it must be a bot posting as a person wouldn't post in an archived thread where the last post was 11 years ago. They would realise that not many people are likely to see it.

This is what Wikipedia says about forum spambots:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forum_spam

I don't know much about bots. It's always under a different name. Often old threads.
I usually don't search through Shutter's search engine, but through Google. That goes much better. If I wanted to post a comment about Coca Cola and search on Google "Coca Cola shutterstock forum" it's the first subject after the ads for me. So it's not that hard to find. 

People will click on the link here, not realizing it's an old topic.
I think it's again a sign that Shutterstock is no longer interested at all in the forum. I still wouldn't be surprised if they stop and just use Facebook for responses.

Or is that not so @Anna Shutterstock and @Alex Shutterstock?????? Then it would be nice to get a response.