I recently went on a nice trip to the Croatian National Park. I took beautiful pictures. All the photos I put on Shutterstock were rejected. At other stock agencies they are accepted. This is very frustrating for me. I think I’m going to get out of here, I’m starting to feel humiliated. The last picture was accepted  a month ago, everything is rejected after that, this really doesn't make sense.

2 hours ago, Bird022 said:

All the photos I put on Shutterstock were rejected. At other stock agencies they are accepted. This is very frustrating for me. I think I’m going to get out of here, I’m starting to feel humiliated. The last picture was accepted  a month ago, everything is rejected after that, this really doesn't make sense.

Something is happening on SS, because I have almost the same experience. Since last month, 98% of everything I upload to SS(photo and video) began to be suddenly rejected, while on AS, DT, AL and P5 it is easily accepted. I have never had such a rejection rate since my start on SS. It practically stopped all my effort to upload new stuff on SS, so now I only upload to other agencies. First a storm of $0.10 peanuts and now this. SS is slowly becoming a dead end for me. 

SS have clearly tightened up on their interpretation of 'quality'. I've had some stuff accepted but was surprised by a couple of my recent rejections. It isn't something I'm going to worry about unduly and I certainly won't take it personally. So long as I'm happy with my shots then that is all that matters.

RU

Извиняюсь что по русски, но хорошо что не матом

Причина отказа и оригинальное загруженное фото

Бесит что даже фото из одной серии идут в отказ, хотя одно принято. И отказ не за похожее фото, это я бы еще понял.

WhatsApp Image 2021-07-12 at 17.39.55.jpeg

FVAR3864m.jpg

17 hours ago, oleschwander said:

Seems like images from most national parks will be rejected at Shutterstock. Most of the parks have banned commercial photography without permission and a fee to the park.

they rejected my pics because "focus"...

Yeah, reviews have been quite weird (which probably means business as usual by SS standards anyway). Uploaded a mix of commercial and editorial images from the same shoot, all from the same camera. All commercials approved, all editorials rejected for noise/artifacts. Go figure. As always, it's the luck of the draw.

The rejections have not changed for me. Sometimes focus, but then the photo is often in doubt.
With the pictures of two different gooseberry branches, I was stupid enough to upload them at the same time. One was rejected as similar while photographing another part of the bush. I then tried again, but unfortunately again similar. But... I've already sold the photo for 0.11 in Austria 😁
Here are the pictures on Alamy.

kruisbes.jpg

56 minutes ago, Thijs de Graaf said:

The rejections have not changed for me. Sometimes focus, but then the photo is often in doubt.
With the pictures of two different gooseberry branches, I was stupid enough to upload them at the same time. One was rejected as similar while photographing another part of the bush. I then tried again, but unfortunately again similar. But... I've already sold the photo for 0.11 in Austria 😁
Here are the pictures on Alamy.

kruisbes.jpg

Those are good looking Goose berries, I found some last weekend in the wilderness, but the berries were very small, to early to be eaten. 

As for the topic, I don't have to much rejection issues, but I only upload photos with good focus over subject. 

On 7/12/2021 at 8:30 AM, Pavel Rumlena said:

Something is happening on SS, because I have almost the same experience. Since last month, 98% of everything I upload to SS(photo and video) began to be suddenly rejected, while on AS, DT, AL and P5 it is easily accepted. I have never had such a rejection rate since my start on SS. It practically stopped all my effort to upload new stuff on SS, so now I only upload to other agencies. First a storm of $0.10 peanuts and now this. SS is slowly becoming a dead end for me. 

Yes,  out of 30 pictures they just approved 2..... It is frustrating.   I don´t know what is happening.   I may go also to other agencies.

On 7/14/2021 at 8:00 PM, Emanuel PTY said:

Yes,  out of 30 pictures they just approved 2..... It is frustrating.   I don´t know what is happening.   I may go also to other agencies.

No, you see, the thing is there is one or two reviewers that are harsh in matters of focus and noise. Out of 27 photos I got 24 rejected due to focus issues; some were true (on edges) but some not at all. If this happens, just resize the image and re-upload. Now, on round 2, I got 23 out of 24 accepted 😄