Rejection reason: "The attached reference image does not resemble the final image."

Hello, I've been a Shutterstock contributor for many years now. I create hand drawn vectors. I use an ink pen to draw on paper, then I scan the illustration, vectorize the scan and improve or alter it digitally. I've done this for years, and never had a problem with my scanned reference images. 

But all of a sudden Shutterstock rejects all my illustrations, and the rejection reason is: "The attached reference image does not resemble the final image."

What is going on? Every human being that understands vector art would see that the illustrations have been altered digitally, and it is very obvious that the scans are the basis of my work. Do they use robots now? I am really confused and not quite sure what to do.

Anybody else experiencing this? Thanks for your help!

Hi Ole, thank you! I've attached one vector illustration and one scanned page (there are two more). 
As you can see in my scan, I didn't fully finish the slide, I pieced it together digitally. Same thing with the two kids on the swing, I re-used parts of the slide to digitally create the swing etc.

Is that the problem though? 

Yes I've tried re-uploading, and for sure I will upload again. I've even added messages explaining my work process.

Maybe there's a form I have to use? but then the rejection reason should be: "please use form xyz"

playground.jpg

17 hours ago, Franzi said:

Maybe there's a form I have to use?

If the sketches did look like the finished artwork you could just upload them as a reference image, I use to do that. I don't know what you did, but in this case maybe you need to use a property release form, and just attach a lot of your small drawings - the revewer don't look that much at the sketches!

You can paste the property release form into a word file, write the nessesary standard informations in Word-text on the document (name, address and so on) - that way you have a template you can print and only fill in the dates and signatures by hand afterwards when you upload images, shoot it with a cell phone and upload. It's not as complicated as it sounds ..! 

I can see the problem - but the rejections are rediculous when you show your sketches to the reviewers ... 

I would suspect that the AI used to couple the final illustration with the components submitted is incapable of relating the two (as a human brain is capable of doing so) and should be called AUI (artificial unintelligence). As evidenced by all the thieves here, a simple flip of a photo does not show up in similar images in search....by which means many stolen images remain hidden from the original author.

On 7/8/2021 at 6:46 AM, Franzi said:

Hi Ole, thank you! I've attached one vector illustration and one scanned page (there are two more). 
As you can see in my scan, I didn't fully finish the slide, I pieced it together digitally. Same thing with the two kids on the swing, I re-used parts of the slide to digitally create the swing etc.

Is that the problem though? 

Yes I've tried re-uploading, and for sure I will upload again. I've even added messages explaining my work process.

Maybe there's a form I have to use? but then the rejection reason should be: "please use form xyz"

playground.jpg

Nice work, I can see your sketches as reference images and the parts in the final work. AU is too stupid to make the connection. Where's Wally?

On 7/11/2021 at 9:31 PM, Clupeidae said:

Nice work, I can see your sketches as reference images and the parts in the final work. 

Thank you Clupeidae!

So I uploaded the above image with the property release form, and it was rejected again.
I uploaded another illustration along with that one, and it was excepted. It's a city illustration and the houses are equally pieced together. 

I don't get it. I have a bunch of yoga illustrations that constantly get rejected too, even though older yoga images have already been accepted with the same reference images. 

It's sad. Shutterstock used to be my main source of income, but those times are over anyway, so maybe it doesn't matter...