Model release related queries

Hello, I am uploading commercial images for the first time that require model release forms. I have a few queries regarding the same:

1. Is it okay to digitally update the MR form by entering text in the PDF format and attaching a jpeg image of the model and entering digital signatures?

2. What is the process for uploading images that require an MR: https://19216801.onl/ https://routerlogin.uno/ Is it just by selecting the content usage as 'Commercial' and then attaching the relevant MR form? Anything else required?

3. The 'Description' field follows a standard format of Location/ Date, is this required for staged shoots with models?

4. Do images identified as commercial, also get listed under Editorial by default? If not, how to ensure it is available for both usage?

Thanks in advance.

1 hour ago, Khair Khan said:

Hello, I am uploading commercial images for the first time that require model release forms. I have a few queries regarding the same:

1. Is it okay to digitally update the MR form by entering text in the PDF format and attaching a jpeg image of the model and entering digital signatures?

2. What is the process for uploading images that require an MR: https://19216801.onl/ https://routerlogin.uno/ Is it just by selecting the content usage as 'Commercial' and then attaching the relevant MR form? Anything else required?

3. The 'Description' field follows a standard format of Location/ Date, is this required for staged shoots with models?

4. Do images identified as commercial, also get listed under Editorial by default? If not, how to ensure it is available for both usage?

Thanks in advance.

1, I haven't used the SS digital release, but they now have one so I presume it can be signed digitally. Or use the Easy Release app, the you can sign that digitally. I use that and find it easy and quick.

2, Upload the images to be submitted as normal, then use the model release option to upload the model release and attach it to the image.

3, You only need to use the location/date format for descriptions on editorial images. So don't use this for your model released images. Just write a good description of what you can see in the image.

4, Commercial images can be used editorially so submitting as commercial is all you need to do. 

I think you don't have a clear idea of the differences between commercial and editorial images. I suggest you have a look through the articles and info on editorial images found in the contributor blog and support center accessed via your dashboard. 
I'll just highlight that you can't use model or property releases on editorial images, only commercial images. You can stage editorial images but they must be submitted under illustrative editorial rules.

Hope this helps a bit.

• 2 weeks later...

I rarely - if ever -  upload model  releases, but my Niece has agreed I can upload photos of her Daughter - release signed by me, the Mum and signature witnessed - by the Father, but it has been refused??

The only thing i can think of is because I out my married name as the photographer - but when I started on here it was in my single name - even though I did amend my name on SS - my port still shows as my single name??

Should I resubmit with my single name - or is there something else I've done wrong

2 hours ago, paula french said:

I rarely - if ever -  upload model  releases, but my Niece has agreed I can upload photos of her Daughter - release signed by me, the Mum and signature witnessed - by the Father, but it has been refused??

The only thing i can think of is because I out my married name as the photographer - but when I started on here it was in my single name - even though I did amend my name on SS - my port still shows as my single name??

Should I resubmit with my single name - or is there something else I've done wrong

Hmmm, yeh the photographer name/details and the contributor name/details would have to match as they should be one in the same person. If they are different they'd probably presume you are different people and therefore wouldn't accept it.
Check and double check all the other details, they can be a pain about the smallest of things. Like use full first names, not just an initial when printing names. I got caught out on that one once. Also if you are including ethnicity use 'European' rather than 'Caucasian' (if that applies), unless something has changed recently, if the model is white with a UK address they wont accept Caucasian. I haven't submitted a model release for a while so things might have changed again, but this will give you an idea of what to look out for if you keep getting rejections. 

Edit: I wouldn't worry about the actual port name, it's the account name and details that will need to match 👍