• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I had a great start to June with a SOD $64.89 photo ;O) - thats my 2 penneth - for what it's worth!  Also had a fantastic $134 on A a couple of days ago - I'm sure it's a fluke, but onwards and upward

My target is to beat May downloads (10dl's) and now I have 9, so I think I'll reach my target this month, and raise for the next.

I made more today than in the entire month of May.   LOL.

Posted Images

Last month was my best ever thanks to a lot of single and others. This month started off ok but has been very up and down. One day I had 53 downloads, which may be a record for me, but the total was only $8.35. Today, I only have 8 downloads but one Single and other was $109.12 and another was $12.00, so today is making up for the early part of the month and it looks like it also may be a record for me. Very strange couple of months, but pleased with SS.

11 hours ago, Kirk Fisher said:

Last month was my best ever thanks to a lot of single and others. This month started off ok but has been very up and down. One day I had 53 downloads, which may be a record for me, but the total was only $8.35. Today, I only have 8 downloads but one Single and other was $109.12 and another was $12.00, so today is making up for the early part of the month and it looks like it also may be a record for me. Very strange couple of months, but pleased with SS.

Beautiful portfolio! Well deserved!

12 hours ago, Kirk Fisher said:

Nice portfolio! You need rewards to pay out those trips, I bet it wasn't cheap. 👏

On 6/17/2021 at 8:53 PM, paula french said:

June started off much to well -  It's very very slow now and all subs -  I had a feeling that would happen - but I shouldn't (but will) complain ;o(

We're coming into summer slump period now, Paula, where less and less corporate buyers, who buy the big sods, are around.( But of course there could always be exceptions to the rule.) So don't feel too disheartened. But super well done on those large sods in the beginning of the month!!  A big congrats 🙂

14 hours ago, Milleflore Images said:

We're coming into summer slump period now, Paula, where less and less corporate buyers, who buy the big sods, are around.( But of course there could always be exceptions to the rule.) So don't feel too disheartened. But super well done on those large sods in the beginning of the month!!  A big congrats 🙂

Of course, the summer slump is making itself felt, Annie.
13 downloads on a Friday can happen and is probably a consequence of this. But a SOD for $0.60 seems to be normal by now - I have countless of them. And an OD for $0.10 is probably also a symbol that things are only going downhill. I wasn't even aware that ODs for $0.10 were even possible. But I just had a look: It's not the first...

So yesterday an RPD of $0.28 - including an OD and SOD. Great what going up in levels gets you. It's really worth it.

June_18.jpg

3 hours ago, Screaming Colors said:

This month so far I have 37 VIDEO sales and total of $29. 
This is bullshit, how come I never had this kind of sales and now from June I only get this for my 4K videos.
Every videoshoot bought for $0.25 from me, production costs us no less than 500eur.

Screenshot 2021-06-23 105519.jpg

I never thought it will more profitable to shoot still, sorry for you but this is the hard truth we are living.

I don't know what is going on here.

Yesterday I had 3 downloads on a normal weekday, which is extremely unusual. Fridays are often worse than Monday to Thursday, but zero downloads so far - it's already afternoon - is also extremely unusual. I have no real explanation for this.

I am wondering the slab payment system by SS is a gimmick or a way to make fool of contributor. I recently made it to level 3 ( big achievement for me who started few years back) but i am depressed to see that at least 95% of my sales have been in the range of 10-15c. Till date I had one sale for $38. It says I am eligible for 20% of royalty but in reality I am only getting 10c irrespective of the level so what is this all about?? Very frustrated with Returns on my efforts to shoot good quality pictures. Any advice/thoughts inputs??

59 minutes ago, Wilm Ihlenfeld said:

I don't know what is going on here.

Yesterday I had 3 downloads on a normal weekday, which is extremely unusual. Fridays are often worse than Monday to Thursday, but zero downloads so far - it's already afternoon - is also extremely unusual. I have no real explanation for this.

I think it is just the normal fluctuations of the market and that may be exacerbated by the way updates flow into the SS system (I don't really understand how their IT is structured for a global business). It is also possible that SS have tweaked their algorithm again.

Personally, I've had a pretty good month and a very good week. I'm just five downloads off this being my best month ever on SS for downloads and it's been my best month of the year for SS revenue. AS, on the other hand, has been really terrible this month after being pretty good all year.

32 minutes ago, Charles Lewis said:

I think it is just the normal fluctuations of the market and that may be exacerbated by the way updates flow into the SS system (I don't really understand how their IT is structured for a global business). It is also possible that SS have tweaked their algorithm again.

Personally, I've had a pretty good month and a very good week. I'm just five downloads off this being my best month ever on SS for downloads and it's been my best month of the year for SS revenue. AS, on the other hand, has been really terrible this month after being pretty good all year.

Thank you for your answer, Charles. At least now I know where the buyers have stayed - with you. 😀

I'm on my way to the worst month ever here. At the moment, I'm at 33.3% here at shutterstock in terms of revenue compared to June 2020. There would have to be a lot of big SODs coming in over the next few days to even get close to that. As for the downloads, I am currently missing about 250 compared to June 2020.

It's not a good month at the competitor either. But because June 2020 was bad there, I have already exceeded the downloads. 

4 minutes ago, Wilm Ihlenfeld said:

Thank you for your answer, Charles. At least now I know where the buyers have stayed - with you. 😀

I'm on my way to the worst month ever here. At the moment, I'm at 33.3% here at shutterstock in terms of revenue compared to June 2020. There would have to be a lot of big SODs coming in over the next few days to even get close to that. As for the downloads, I am currently missing about 250 compared to June 2020.

It's not a good month at the competitor either. But because June 2020 was bad there, I have already exceeded the downloads. 

Looking year-to-date, my downloads on SS are up on 2020 by around 25%. However, revenue is down by 20% due to the effect of the level reset and fewer ODDs, SODs and no ELs as yet this year.

Looking forward, maintaining a stable revenue stream will require more photos in my portfolio and more downloads in order to move through the levels faster. So more work to stay in the same place. Fortunately, I enjoy taking photos.

30 minutes ago, Charles Lewis said:

Looking year-to-date, my downloads on SS are up on 2020 by around 25%. However, revenue is down by 20% due to the effect of the level reset and fewer ODDs, SODs and no ELs as yet this year.

Looking forward, maintaining a stable revenue stream will require more photos in my portfolio and more downloads in order to move through the levels faster. So more work to stay in the same place. Fortunately, I enjoy taking photos.

Adding up all agencies, I have taken in 7% more from January to May 2021 than in the same period in 2020. For downloads, it is only a plus of 3%.
So slight increases and even a slightly improved RPD, which I would not have expected.

If I now only look at shutterstock, it looks different.
Downloads January to May 2021 compared to 2020: minus 8%
Revenues January to May 2021 compared to 2020: minus 5%.
This means that for me, although the RPD has also slightly increased for shutterstock, the overall trend here is worse.

However, I would have expected a much stronger impact from the new revenue structure.

Despite everything: June looks really miserable at shutterstock! And still not one single download here today. Incredible!

There are only a few days left until the end of the month(weekends are practically dead) and there are still no SOD, ODD or EL for me. So this month is again one of the weakest for me on SS. The other agencies I contribute to have recovered and caught up with the slow start of the month. Especially AS again showing great results. In addition SS began to reject almost all my new shots(resubmit doesn't help), which all other agencies accepted at first submit. Overall, a sad month.