• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I had a great start to June with a SOD $64.89 photo ;O) - thats my 2 penneth - for what it's worth!  Also had a fantastic $134 on A a couple of days ago - I'm sure it's a fluke, but onwards and upward

I made more today than in the entire month of May.   LOL.

Here it is again 🙂 This one is dedicated to @Doug Jensen who pointed out in the 'petition' thread how much he loves reading about our sales every hour 🙂 May all your sales be larger than 1

Posted Images

On 6/5/2021 at 1:46 AM, Steven Tritton said:

The only highlight this week was a $28 video sale on Adobe Stock, albeit after a couple extra weeks in between large sales on the platform and a general collapse of sales there - was beginning to wonder whether I'd keep my port on AS with a recent change which has seen my sales drop there for no reason.

Congratulations!

But I would and do not stand for AD as almighty agency. It has good RPD, however. It works for some one, it is complete ... for another. Majority of sales are at SS and P5. That is all. :)

On 6/2/2021 at 9:08 AM, paula french said:

I had a great start to June with a SOD $64.89 photo ;O) - thats my 2 penneth - for what it's worth!  Also had a fantastic $134 on A a couple of days ago - I'm sure it's a fluke, but onwards and upwards!

A is really funny with their "sale" model, especially this day and age. I sell there very infrequently and all my three digit "sales" don't actually get paid out but rather quietly refunded.  I have a couple of those pending at the moment - not holding my breath.

On 6/9/2021 at 11:52 AM, Roman Tiraspolsky said:

A is really funny with their "sale" model, especially this day and age. I sell there very infrequently and all my three digit "sales" don't actually get paid out but rather quietly refunded.  I have a couple of those pending at the moment - not holding my breath.

Hhmm - interesting - have to admit the money isn't in my pending account yet - it just shows under sales (which as you rightly point out are few and far between).

I'm keeping an eye - as they should pay me out as my earnings will be over $50 as I've had a few pending there for a while !

The month is one-third over - almost.
And it's been miserable so far. In the same period last year, I had 70 more downloads by June 10. In terms of revenue, it's dramatic. The minus compared to June 10, 2020 is 55.4% at the moment. And this despite the fact that the first third of June 2020 was also bad.

On 6/9/2021 at 12:52 PM, Roman Tiraspolsky said:

Good to know it's not only me. I can't even get excited about bigger sales anymore (not just 3 figures, basically everything above $30), because I had this refund shit happening more than once. I even had it happening long after I got paid out actually. Months later the 'customer' suddenly got a refund and I ended up with a minus balance. So now even months after the sale has gone through and I got my money, I don't even feel like trusting it.

1 hour ago, Firn said:

Good to know it's not only me. I can't even get excited about bigger sales anymore (not just 3 figures, basically everything above $30), because I had this refund shit happening more than once. I even had it happening long after I got paid out actually. Months later the 'customer' suddenly got a refund and I ended up with a minus balance. So now even months after the sale has gone through and I got my money, I don't even feel like trusting it.

A's model does not make sense any more. It may have been relevant many years back but certainly not now.

Why would a customer pay in excess of $100 for an image she can purchase for a couple of dollars on a different website?

A couple of years ago I noticed: I get "sales" on A for a good amount. Then, within two days the same images are sold on SS.  Months later A notifies me of refunds on those images. One time the customer simply never paid.  Of course! Like I said, it makes no economical sense to pay on A.

End of a dismal week across the agencies with only Shutterstock showing any signs of life. While Adobe Stock is ahead for the month overall, this is only due to a fluke video sale the previous week - the type of sales I could expect occasionally but I don't think this is the case anymore going forward on this site. 

The below graph just goes to show how bad it is everywhere, in particular P5 and AS, given as i said this is the only site that showed any signs of life this week. Also in comparison to June 2020 for SS (which was my BME) I'm not even at 10 percent of earnings so far.  

How was everyone else's week?      

image.png.f21846b01421ce4aeb0cb0f87307bfa7.png

A really slow month across all the agencies I contribute to. Even AS, who was a TOP earner for me for the last few months, hit the brakes pretty hard. If nothing changes in the second half of the month, then I have an adept for the worst month of this year.

P.S.: 
So far it is the second month in a row when I did not have a single SOD, ODD or EL(on SS).

In just over 6 hours, half of the month will be over.
It will become the worst month ever on shutterstock if the rest of the month continues like the first half.

I'm at 13% compared to revenue from all of June 2020, which has never happened in over 10 years!

And it's lousy at the competitor as well.