Hey everyone,

I'm new to shutterstock contributors and have been doing a lot of research online about selling aerial footage filmed with a drone and have been coming up short.

All I'm looking for is to find out if I can legally sell the aerial footage I've recorded. Ive heard about section 333 exemptions and even having to have a pilots license before you can sell some footage you get.

I have waaayyyy too much drone footage from the past few years from various projects and clients and figured I could try and sell some of it as long as its legal... I'm sure someone could use an aerial shot of a boston sunrise behind the city or a shot of the zakim bridge so I'm hoping for the best!

And for the record my drone has been registered since the FAA opened up registration in December.

Any info is appreciated!

On 5/29/2021 at 7:52 PM, Matrix Menus said:

Hey everyone,

I'm new to shutterstock contributors and have been doing a lot of research online about selling aerial footage filmed with a drone and have been coming up short.

All I'm looking for is to find out if I can legally sell the aerial footage I've recorded. Ive heard about section 333 exemptions and even having to have a pilots license before you can sell some footage you get https://speedtest.vet/ https://vidmate.bid/.

I have waaayyyy too much drone footage from the past few years from various projects and clients and figured I could try and sell some of it as long as its legal... I'm sure someone could use an aerial shot of a boston sunrise behind the city or a shot of the zakim bridge so I'm hoping for the best!

And for the record my drone has been registered since the FAA opened up registration in December.

Any info is appreciated!

I guess i have seen this post once.