2 hours ago, Joaquin Corbalan P said:

Just a thought. If you buy a subscription in the USA you pay $ 29, but if you buy it from Europe you pay € 29     -1$ = 0.82€ -. However, our earnings are always in dollars. Is that price difference not reflected in our remuneration in any way?

May I ask how can you see the prices in currencies other than it is used in your part of the world?

I can only see the prices in €.

How do you know that in EU the buyer pays € 29     -1$ = 0.82€ ? It doesn't sound right.

26 minutes ago, Whiteaster said:

May I ask how can you see the prices in currencies other than it is used in your part of the world?

I can only see the prices in €.

How do you know that in EU the buyer pays € 29     -1$ = 0.82€ ? It doesn't sound right.

Unfortunately it is right. You can check the https://www.shutterstock.com/pricing  site using an online proxy with an US server, then you can see the price in $ or the other way around using an European proxy to see the € price if you are from the US. It's  29€ for Europe and 29$ for the US, even though 29€ equals around 35$.

2 hours ago, Firn said:

Unfortunately it is right. You can check the https://www.shutterstock.com/pricing  site using an online proxy with an US server, then you can see the price in $ or the other way around using an European proxy to see the € price if you are from the US. It's  29€ for Europe and 29$ for the US, even though 29€ equals around 35$.

Yes, I understand that. I am in Eu too and we always pay the same sum, no matter the currency, for everything, even when we buy software. Amazon is an exception though. Amazon US is much cheaper than any EU Amazon.

I didn't understand what the OP said, € 29     -1$  (namely what is € 29 minus 1$). Now I get it.

How about other currencies, £.....do they pay 29 too? (sorry, I am too lazy to proxy).

Now someone will remember that AS also uses three (or more) currencies to pay us, better leave it alone.

Very smart people who run banks and businesses are aware of this, and so they trade euros for dollars all the time to the extent that the amount of stuff you can buy with euros vs the amount of stuff you can buy with dollars is in proportion to how many euros you can buy per dollar.

PrepaidGiftBalance