Heart shape rejected for infringes on intellectual property rights. WHAT?!

Ok, here is the thing: I made a video with some flying 3D hearts in red circles. This symbol is quite popular Like icon. And there are tones of them on the shutterstock. I  made it a bit more detailed with some gradients and shadows. But now it suddenly infringes intellectual property rights. I've never heard that FB or instagram or Twitter etc. had exceptional rights on a heart shape.🙄 Any thoughts on how to overcome the rejection? Should we now add a release on every primitive shape we use in our artworks? 

Just fill out a property release for those hearts you designed. Yes it's utterly stupid.

I once submitted a photo of my daughter that was rejected for a triangle tattoo on her finger. A freaking TRIANGLE. Needed a property release from the tattoo "artist". 

• 2 weeks later...

The concepts that underpin the protection of ideas and inventions are not new; such laws have been around for several hundred years and are discussed under the broad heading of intellectual property (IP). IP is easily misunderstood, but at the same time most scientists encounter it at some point in their career, as it is a necessary feature in the commercialization of research.

The term intellectual property includes such concepts and rights as copyright, trademarks, industrial design rights, and patents. It is important to remember that IP is a tool to help your endeavours, and not a goal in itself. Having IP for its own sake is pointless. IP can be crucial in commercializing research and running a successful science-based business, but having a patent and having a successful patented product are two very different things.

MyGiftCardSite

Trouble is that when reviewers interpret intellectual property rights correctly or incorrectly as they apply to images sent for review, the safest decision for them to make if they have any doubts is to reject. If they incorrectly rejected the image, there's no comeback to them whereas if they pass the image incorrectly, the comeback could be significant. Let someone else on a higher pay-grade take the decision. 🙂