Hi Benedek.

I have a Sstock contributor account and so does my husband. We each have our own PC.

My understanding of how IP addresses work is that internally, each PC has its own address. 

However, to the outside world these 2 internal addresses are seen as one IP address as we share a router.

If the above is correct, the answer is yes.

21 minutes ago, Studio 2 said:

Hi Benedek.

I have a Sstock contributor account and so does my husband. We each have our own PC.

My understanding of how IP addresses work is that internally, each PC has its own address. 

However, to the outside world these 2 internal addresses are seen as one IP address as we share a router.

Thank you for your answer, it really helped .👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

There shouldn't be an issue theoretically. The important thing for SS is that a contributor only has one account and content submitted is copyrighted to them. So you can't share accounts, or content, or anything connected to the account like Paypal accounts. But you should be able to use the same equipment, whether that is computers or cameras etc. 
The problem is it might send up a red flag to SS which could then cause you problems. I don't know.
It might be worth contacting SS and explaining you will have the same IP address, but it is two completely separate contributors, just to have it on record that nothing untoward is going on. That's probably overkill, but it wouldn't hurt.

54 minutes ago, Linda Bestwick said:

There shouldn't be an issue theoretically. The important thing for SS is that a contributor only has one account and content submitted is copyrighted to them. So you can't share accounts, or content, or anything connected to the account like Paypal accounts. But you should be able to use the same equipment, whether that is computers or cameras etc. 
The problem is it might send up a red flag to SS which could then cause you problems. I don't know.
It might be worth contacting SS and explaining you will have the same IP address, but it is two completely separate contributors, just to have it on record that nothing untoward is going on. That's probably overkill, but it wouldn't hurt.

Thank you for your reply, i will contact SS .

13 minutes ago, oleschwander said:

Good luck ... 🤣 Send a post if you get an adequate answer. 

Yeah.  That's what I thought.  If they even understand the question, in my experience, any answer that may be forthcoming will be completely unrelated to the question 😭

4 hours ago, Benedek Alpar said:

Hello all, need some help,   it is possible that two contributors to use the same IP adress?  I remember that was an issue not so long ago for someone here, thanks in advance .

Its always been possible.  No issue there and never has been.

In many places, especially when connecting with mobile an IP is shared between 10s or 100s of people.

Absolutely no issue and SS wouldnt work at all if it were a problem.

3 hours ago, Studio 2 said:

Hi Benedek.

Basically its correct.  The internet facing IP address can often be shared by 10s or more of clients using cgNAT or other technologies.  We effectively ran out of IPv4 addresses quite a while ago.

SS have no issue with it at all.

3 minutes ago, Former_Poster said:

Its always been possible.  No issue there and never has been.

In many places, especially when connecting with mobile an IP is shared between 10s or 100s of people.

Absolutely no issue and SS wouldnt work at all if it were a problem.

Thank you for your help 👍🏻