On 5/20/2021 at 6:10 AM, David Moreno Hernandez said:

Something changed in the last week for me. I am getting constant rejections for Missing Artwork Property Release and other stupid reasons that have nothing to do with my videos. Funny enough getting these low prices... and now coping with this nightmare is too much. Am I the only one noticing the change?

I no longer even check.  When I am making as little as ten cents on a photo and 37 cents on a video, why worry?  That said I've also realized how pointless it is to give SS any content.  For a while I had gone ahead and uploaded them here since I was giving them to everyone else too.  But I just shot footage of a very unique situation that is going to be in high demand and I know no one else has footage of.  I realized I CAN'T AFFORD TO ALLOW SS TO HAVE THE FOOTAGE AND LET IT GO FOR 37 CENTS BECAUSE IT WILL COMPLETELY DEVALUE THE FOOTAGE EVERYWHERE ELSE.  I was going to give it as exclusive to just one site, but decided I will simply give it to all of the sites I upload to EXCEPT SHUTTERSTOCK.  

14 hours ago, MSPhotographic said:

I no longer even check.  When I am making as little as ten cents on a photo and 37 cents on a video, why worry?  That said I've also realized how pointless it is to give SS any content. 

I agree. I don't know how they work out the payment of such a small amount to the contributors. I also received a pathetic little amount for one of my video clips. On the other hand P5 has been static for me. Have you discovered other agencies that are better?

BTW, enjoyed looking through your very interesting video portfolio. Great collection. I was told never to use zoom on video clips but obviously you seem to be using it a number of clips in your collection.

1 hour ago, AngelaAllen said:

I'm getting around 80% rejection on SS - mostly noise or whatever, very few rejections so far on other agencies.   Honestly seems a strange strategy to have such high standards but pay so little.  

Yes, we all feel we are being paid pittance for our time. BTW,
what camera & ISO are you shooting on?
Are you exporting in ProRes?
Are these rejections recent?
I have not had any problems but then, I have not uploaded a video for a week.

12 hours ago, LSP EM said:

Yes, we all feel we are being paid pittance for our time. BTW,
what camera & ISO are you shooting on?
Are you exporting in ProRes?
Are these rejections recent?
I have not had any problems but then, I have not uploaded a video for a week.

Thanks - using GH5-S IOS 100 rarely go to 200 or above.  Export H264 - they have got worse past 2 weeks or so.

2 hours ago, AngelaAllen said:

Thanks - using GH5-S IOS 100 rarely go to 200 or above.  Export H264 - they have got worse past 2 weeks or so.

You are doing the right thing; try exporting in ProRes and resubmit. I know this will create a large file size and uploading these takes time. Let me know how you get on.

On 5/20/2021 at 10:36 PM, Former_Poster said:

A strict review process is fine but this isn't strict.  Its random and most of the time NOT a review in any shape or form.

Just had 32/32 rejections for "Noise/artefacts".  The review time taken was less than the time it would require to actually watch the clips.

Glad to know I'm not the only one.

On 5/26/2021 at 2:50 PM, AngelaAllen said:

I don't have software to export in ProRes although Cineform might do the trick - I'll have to do a bit of research on it.  Codecs are definitely not my strong point 😞

Angela, codecs make a big difference to the quality of a video. The more the video is compressed the smaller the video file size and more chances of rejection. High compression can create all kinds of technical issues in the video.

So, if you are exporting in H.264 format then export it in the highest quality settings. I know that will mean bigger file size and longer upload times but it's right to offer the best quality you can to your customers.

Having said that, when I get less than a dollar paid for the download of a video clip then it can be very disheartening....

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/24/2021 at 2:53 AM, LSP EM said:

I agree. I don't know how they work out the payment of such a small amount to the contributors. I also received a pathetic little amount for one of my video clips. On the other hand P5 has been static for me. Have you discovered other agencies that are better?

BTW, enjoyed looking through your very interesting video portfolio. Great collection. I was told never to use zoom on video clips but obviously you seem to be using it a number of clips in your collection.

On video you can zoom, pan, or any camera motion as long as it is stable and it suits the shot.  As for video sales, I make far more money on ALL of the other sites for my video than I do here.  Shutterstock's staggering price/royalty cut doesn't seem to have done a thing to increase sales.  And it actually makes me angry when I see one sell here at that rate.  Some of my older video is pretty crappy but it's still worth more than 37 cents.  That said, I hope Oringer finds a suitable home to replace the $52 million cottage he is selling.... 

2 hours ago, MSPhotographic said:

As for video sales, I make far more money on ALL of the other sites for my video than I do here.

Yes, we all share your frustration. Out of interest which sites do you find most productive for videos?