I've seen online that Adobe Stock ranks the importance of your keywords by the order in which you've listed them; does anyone happen to know if this is also true of Shutterstock? Apparently with Adobe the top 10 keywords in your list are the most important. If this is true for Shutterstock too it would significantly change the way in which I keyword.

Let me know if you have any insight.

Thanks,

Guy

1 hour ago, Firn said:

As others  said, on SS keyword order does not matter. They re-shuffle the keywords in alphabetic order.
However, I like to add that on Adobe only the order of the first 5 keywords matter, not the first 10.

Are you sure about that?  Do you mean the first 5 are in order of weight, then 6-10 are the same weight but lower than 5, and 11-49 are all the same with lower weight than 6-10?  Of course if you get to 50, all keywords have the same weight.

I started off at AS thinking only the first 5 are in order of priority (judging by the color scheme), but later learned the first 10 were given priority.

30 minutes ago, Reimar said:

Are you sure about that?

No, I am not sure. I thought I had read it somewhere, but maybe it was just my assumption because only the first 5 keyword fields were highlighted. In the MG forum Mat from Adobe himself says he thinks the first 10 are the most relevant, but not even he seems to know for sure? So who really knows?

I wish microstock agencies wouldn't always make such a big secret out of how the order of search results are determined. One should think they would want us to know as detailed as possible, so we could present our images as good as possible.

18 hours ago, Firn said:

As others  said, on SS keyword order does not matter. They re-shuffle the keywords in alphabetic order.
However, I think that on Adobe only the order of the first 5 keywords matter, not the first 10.

AS search and keywording webinars stated the first 10 have priority (with a slight priority in order IN that first 10).

And only applies if you have up to 49 keywords.  If you have 50 everything is reduced to equal weighting.

Also stated keywords are only massively useful for the first 30 days or so then its more down to clicks and views.

Would be nice if SS didn't treat contributors as just an inconvenience and gave some details on how they do it....

On 5/10/2021 at 9:37 PM, Whiteaster said:

and later, it sorts/prioritizes them again after the keywords used by buyers, where the case.

Exactly!

(Unless, of course, you're OlegRi who goes straight to number 1 in every category/search without selling anything!) 😄

15 hours ago, Former_Poster said:

AS search and keywording webinars stated the first 10 have priority (with a slight priority in order IN that first 10).

And only applies if you have up to 49 keywords.  If you have 50 everything is reduced to equal weighting.

Adobe recently changed their upload procedure so you can only have 49 keywords in order to prevent the system flaw where they're all equally weighted if there are 50 keywords, so the weighting is now accurate with the first ten having the highest impact on the search. They also told us if a word is in the title, and it's in the top ten keywords, it has even higher weight on the search results.