Maybe this is why Shutterstock has to keep cutting our rates...

54 minutes ago, Banana Productions said:

Interesting how people here speak freely. At adobe stock I can´t find one topic that explains anything. Or anyone talking about how for one month sales have dropped to zero! It looks like they delete every post.

One of the good things about Shutterstock has always been the unique contributor forum which is very different from all others and very active. One of the advantages are they are very large. (But I think this thread is at the limit of what is permissible).

4 hours ago, MSPhotographic said:

It doesn't say he is selling because he is broke.  He is probably after a bigger one.

That's the usual reason.....he must feel sooooooooo restricted in a $50M hovel! Or perhaps he just got some really awful neighbours. ROFL.

1 hour ago, Former_Poster said:

Didn't realise AS had a forum.

All discussion on that is on MSG and even has a (very good and responsive) Adobe rep posting and answering.

Probably better asking there for an answer.

Yep. Matt Hayward is really good. (Didn't used to be in Fotoliadaze but he is with AS).

8 hours ago, Former_Poster said:

All discussion on that is on MSG and even has a (very good and responsive) Adobe rep posting and answering.

6 hours ago, stevemart said:

Yep. Matt Hayward is really good.

Mat is an enormeous asset for Adobe (contrary to 'some other' sites). He is kind, always come up with good answers and always there to help contributors with everything related to their business. Moderating online talks. A one man wonder. 

I have looked at AS's forum a few times. That was enough to get clarity.
Alamy's forum seemed very friendly. But afterwards I thought it was an arrogant atmosphere. When I answered a little less friendly (which is normal on Shutterstock) to an answer that I didn't like, I was addressed by a forum regular, that this is not possible because of the atmosphere. I didn't see any people from the Shutterstock forum.

It is almost impossible to imagine that a few years ago Oringer offered help on the forum as Administrator. I think that so much money changes you as a person, but I have no experience with that. 😁

7 minutes ago, Thijs de Graaf said:

It is almost impossible to imagine that a few years ago Oringer offered help on the forum as Administrator. I think that so much money changes you as a person, but I have no experience with that. 😁

That would have been to his own benefit in the 'old days' though as helping contributors helped him to earn more money 🙂

11 hours ago, oleschwander said:

One of the good things about Shutterstock has always been the unique contributor forum which is very different from all others and very active. One of the advantages are they are very large. (But I think this thread is at the limit of what is permissible).

It is a very lively forum. Less so these days but then that's not surprising considering Sstock's actions.

With regard to this thread being 'at the limit of what is permissible' I think, but am not sure, that it was a thread with a similar subject that got @blvdone put into the naughty corner (possibly permanently?) a while back...

1 hour ago, oleschwander said:

Years ago there was great help from SS support.

One time the reviewer even went back to tell me, I had misspelled 'Christmas' in an illustration ...! WOW ..

In the good old days when the company was run by people rather than robots.

45 minutes ago, Studio 2 said:

In the good old days when the company was run by people rather than robots.

The company is now too big to deal with people alone. I do not mind.
Only human contact has completely disappeared.
Oringer also lived through that time as an administrator. I wonder if he misses that.

15 hours ago, Thijs de Graaf said:

I have looked at AS's forum a few times. That was enough to get clarity.
Alamy's forum seemed very friendly. But afterwards I thought it was an arrogant atmosphere. When I answered a little less friendly (which is normal on Shutterstock) to an answer that I didn't like, I was addressed by a forum regular, that this is not possible because of the atmosphere. I didn't see any people from the Shutterstock forum.

Me neither. 😁

NickPic143 2021-05-07, 02_20_25.jpg

14 hours ago, oleschwander said:

Years ago there was great help from SS support.

One time the reviewer even went back to tell me, I had misspelled 'Christmas' in an illustration ...! WOW ..

I remember actually talking back and forth with a reviewer on my first video uploads. He was worried about some people in the clip wearing shirts with logos, and I successfully argued with him that it wasn't a logo, just some words.