Every image bulk rejected for 'focus'

I never normally message on forums as to be honest there are many egos and people who will knock others down. However, I am extremely concerned and disappointed that Shutterstock can bulk reject all images on focus with no other reasons. This messes with my head a bit, as I have done what I can to ensure I have focus. I am not a professional photographer but I am getting better... but for once I am going to post some of the pictures. If you want to constructively give me your views you can but please no abuse or anything :)

20210501212457_IMG_5338.jpg

20210501212836_IMG_5349.jpg

20210501215714_IMG_5374.jpg

20210501215759_IMG_5375.jpg

20210501220130_IMG_5397.jpg

20210501220210_IMG_5400.jpg

20210501223511_IMG_5426.jpg

I've seen worse examples for focus problems for sure, but yeah, if looking at these photos in 100% size, there is always some part of the object that is not in focus.

There are images where selective focus is okay and gets through the review process, but usually when you take a photos with many objects then it's okay for not all of them to be in focus as long as the main subject of the photo is on focus. But since you are photographing single objects they should be completely sharp.

000.jpg.1dc42af46ba7cc5a19fbadf1d2d4a474.jpg002.jpg.2453b902be38f8bb708934eb62cb46c9.jpg003.jpg.b16b2f9befeed2cec9dd7a144376f7c2.jpg004.jpg.e10f473f0bc1c1702d4a8d861282d5db.jpg

My suggestion to fix this issue: There is really no reason why you would need to submit your photos in such a large size. Downsize them to 2500 pixel on the longest side. Since your photos aren't completely out of focus, but just small parts of the objects, I believe that this alone might already be enough to have the issue solved in most of these cases. Then you can post-process them a bit by using a sharpening tool over the areas with soft focus, but do not overdo it, or it will cause other problems like grain or artifacts.
When taking photos in the future try photographing with a bigger photo aperture. Since a lot of these objects are very small, using an image stacking technique might also help, though I am not sure it's worth the work.

Ok thank you so much for your advice here! I figured when I looked at them at 100% they are slightly out of focus at certain points and I guess as you say, it is a single subject, it should be completely sharp. This is going to sound stupid now... but what is the best approach to downsize the photos do you mean crop them or some other method? I am quite a novice still clearly haha :)

27 minutes ago, JohnHughes said:

Ok thank you so much for your advice here! I figured when I looked at them at 100% they are slightly out of focus at certain points and I guess as you say, it is a single subject, it should be completely sharp. This is going to sound stupid now... but what is the best approach to downsize the photos do you mean crop them or some other method? I am quite a novice still clearly haha :)

No, not crop. Your images are very large, 6.000px × 4.000px size. But all you need is 2.500px on the wides side. That's enough for Shutterstock. And the smaller the image is, the less soft focus becomes noticable.
It depends on what graphic program you are using. You just open the image in it and there should be an option somewhere, usually when you save the image, but I can't tell you where to find it without knowing what program it is.

36 minutes ago, Firn said:

No, not crop. Your images are very large, 6.000px × 4.000px size. But all you need is 2.500px on the wides side. That's enough for Shutterstock. And the smaller the image is, the less soft focus becomes noticable.
It depends on what graphic program you are using. You just open the image in it and there should be an option somewhere, usually when you save the image, but I can't tell you where to find it without knowing what program it is.

Oh thank you. I use lightroom or photoshop :)