We get a minimum of 10 cents, never less. Anything above that will vary depending on a combination of things like your level, the package the buyer has purchased, the type of licence, where it was bought, and any offers SS is promoting etc. 
So earnings can swing wildly for everyone because we get a percentage of the sale, dependant on all the things I just mentioned.

To see what your media has sold for look at 'Earnings' from your dashboard. You can see the licence it sold for and how much you earned.
To get an idea of what the buyers pay have a look on the SS catalogue as if you are going to buy something, then you can see the various options for subscriptions etc.

34 minutes ago, Jaclyn Vernace said:

Thanks for the response.  I didn't realize the pay scales would be so different.  How do you know how much your media was sold for?

Alamy is the only one at the Stocksites to which I deliver, who passes on the selling price and then calculates what you get.
Shutterstock provides very little clarity. A lot has changed in June last year and we grumbled a lot in vain. Until then, the lowest payout per photo was 0.25 and if you had sold for a lot of money it could go up to 0.36. Now the lowest payout per photo is 0.10 cents. Pear photo. the percentage goes up as you level up. In January everyone starts again in level 1
See explanation from Kate
See further my explanation in this topic.

The payouts for videos are higher.

29 minutes ago, Jaclyn Vernace said:

Thanks for the response.  I didn't realize the pay scales would be so different.  How do you know how much your media was sold for?

You can calculate it by using your level. For example, if you are level 1 you get 15% of what the customer paid. 0.38$ are 15% of 2,53$, so that's how much the image was sold for.