• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I had a few surprises after doing my first 4 months analysis and I thought I might share them here. They have given me more hope than I first imagined for this year. I must admit that I was worried th

A video download this morning with an RPD of $67.62 is a good start to the month on an otherwise awful Monday morning I'm having (not stock photography related).

Hi guys, Had no sales for the month so far pretty much and then today 70 bucks from just a normal picture? Didnt even know that this is possible, but I wont complain!! J

Posted Images

Last day of the month and it's actually been a pretty good one. Second best month ever for downloads and best month of 2021 for RPD. Unfortunately, 2021 RPD continues to lag behind the 2020 average which means that revenue on SS is mediocre. However, another strong month on AS so second best month ever for combined revenue (AS + SS).

Congrats to your BMEs, DaLiu and Milo!

The month of May had started well and then unfortunately weakened.

My data at shutterstock versus May 2020:
- Downloads - 11.5%
- Revenues + 24.5%

At the competitor compared to May 2020:
- Downloads + 23.5%
- Revenues - 23.1%

All agencies combined vs. May 2020:
- Downloads - 2.2%
- Revenues - 2.8%
However, this is an estimate because the exact data of one agency is missing.

In the first 5 months of 2021, I took in about $550 more than I did in the same period in 2020, so for expecting a negative trend, I should be happy.

Bildschirmfoto 2021-06-01 um 09.29.43.png

Not a bad month overall with May 2021 being the third best month ever as the earnings graff below shows. A couple of large video sales helped with this resulting in a video RPD of $35.69 - which would of been much higher had it not been for a low ball clip sale at $2.19. Shutterstock utterly smashed Adobe Stock and Pond5 for me.

image.png.12da47c4e35f03f4db5da6caaa1826f8.png

22 minutes ago, Steven Tritton said:

Not a bad month overall with May 2021 being the third best month ever as the earnings graff below shows. A couple of large video sales helped with this resulting in a video RPD of $35.69 - which would of been much higher had it not been for a low ball clip sale at $2.19. Shutterstock utterly smashed Adobe Stock and Pond5 for me.

image.png.12da47c4e35f03f4db5da6caaa1826f8.png

Congratulations, Steven! Keep rolling on! :)

@Wilm Ihlenfeld My numbers are reversed - my RPD was quite a bit lower in 2021 vs. in 2020, but since the number of downloads was way up, it ended up being the same money-wise. So, still a game of luck all around as well.

2nd BME in downloads number, 3rd BME in revenue. Pretty much in the trend. 

I'm happy with it! Downloads and revenue are pretty consistent here on SS for me. 

I bought my first lens with microstock revenue, so I'm happy about that too. I used basically everything I earned in 2020 but I feel it's a good investment. I have to think more about what percentage I should be using to invest in photography now that it start to be consistent. 

As it is the beginning for me and I don't have a lot of gear, I feel that 50% should be alright at first. I would try to lower it toward 20% in the coming years... What do you think about that? (it is a hobby for me right now)... 

OK final results in.  A decent month by the "new" SS standards (so still 30%+ down on the old SS).

RPD for images worked out at $0.79 and video $12.54 (worse than last month).

Almost identical sales numbers for images and videos as last month but about $100 more income due to higher image RPD.

May was quite alright. It was level with Feb, March and April in terms of both sales and monies. For a while, I thought I might not make a payout but some decent sales came through in the last couple of days to make it a tense but good finish.

Looking at my sales graph this year, I don't see much of a difference between levels 1 and 3. At current pace, should hit Level 4 in the first two weeks of June. Hoping it might give a boost.

• 4 weeks later...