Visible Trademark. Where it is? Please help to find it

I uploaded this shot of the New York skyline. If you look carefully, there are multiple signs on the sides of buildings which could be construed as 'visible trademarks'. Some are obvious, some less so. For that reason I sent it in as editorial.

I can't tell from your photo if that is also the case as it is too blurry but that would be something to look for.

image.thumb.png.3f5d347811e29a943c2d898fcdfcbee8.png

On 5/10/2021 at 7:25 PM, Clupeidae said:

Empire State Building? That logo is a Priority package USPS.

I’ts Pittburgh, so none of the buildings is the Empire State Building. I don’t know if the USPS symbol is trademarked - I’m sure someone reading this thread knows and can/will chime in with whether it is or not. As for the Dusquene sign, and partial others seen, it could be that. I know there are a number of buildings that have either a trademark or copywrite on them (I forget which) where you can’t just have that in the photo, though SS says  something to the effect of “But if the building is not the main focus of the photograph, images will be accepted on a case by case basis”. I’ve had photos of the Boston Skyline rejecte because of the presence of the John Hancock building in the photo, though clearly - at least to me - it wasn’t the focus of the image. After a couple of attempts, I just gave up submitting photos of the boston skyline that had the building in it. Perhapps the PPG building?

4 hours ago, Adam Gladstone said:

I’ts Pittburgh, so none of the buildings is the Empire State Building. I don’t know if the USPS symbol is trademarked - I’m sure someone reading this thread knows and can/will chime in with whether it is or not. As for the Dusquene sign, and partial others seen, it could be that. I know there are a number of buildings that have either a trademark or copywrite on them (I forget which) where you can’t just have that in the photo, though SS says  something to the effect of “But if the building is not the main focus of the photograph, images will be accepted on a case by case basis”. I’ve had photos of the Boston Skyline rejecte because of the presence of the John Hancock building in the photo, though clearly - at least to me - it wasn’t the focus of the image. After a couple of attempts, I just gave up submitting photos of the boston skyline that had the building in it. Perhapps the PPG building?

All of these are not the main subject main focus the rejection is wrong. Stupid rejection and it looks like the empire state building. Maybe the AI thinks it is?

7 hours ago, Clupeidae said:

All of these are not the main subject main focus the rejection is wrong. Stupid rejection

When there are trademarks in an image, it does not matter whether they are the main focus of the image or not. You can only submit images containing trademarks as editorial.

On 5/13/2021 at 7:39 PM, Firn said:

When there are trademarks in an image, it does not matter whether they are the main focus of the image or not. You can only submit images containing trademarks as editorial.

I don't recall if it's SS but there is a stock agency that allows cityscape images with visible trademarks to be used for commercial as long as it's a distant shot with multiple buildings within the same frame. Like a distant view of a city skyline. 

On 5/13/2021 at 5:09 AM, Firn said:

Then there would be no city and business downtown images as tiny trademarks are on everything.