What happens to top ranked photos

12 hours ago, Matrix Menus said:

I have a few photos that rank at the top of searches that I would like to disable until the situation gets better for contributors (if that happens).  However, I'm concerned about losing my ranking once the photos are enabled again.  Does anyone know what would happen?  Thanks.

Personally I only see disabling your top selling images hurting yourself.  If you are trying to make a protest, it's all been done this past year and to no avail. 

However, if you want to make them exclusive elsewhere, that's different.

One of the things impacting my port considerably is the lack of ODs and I suspect that is more due to the economic effects of the worldwide pandemic than the fact that Sstock is concentrating exclusively on the subscription model.

Shutterstock is only interested in making things better for their company and shareholders.

With regard to your question, I would expect your photos to lose their ranking. I have also read on the MSG forum of contributors finding it very hard to get their portfolios back on fully once they re-enable.

On 4/25/2021 at 5:03 PM, Studio 2 said:

Personally I only see disabling your top selling images hurting yourself.  If you are trying to make a protest, it's all been done this past year and to no avail. 

However, if you want to make them exclusive elsewhere, that's different.

One of the things impacting my port considerably is the lack of ODs and I suspect that is more due to the economic effects of the worldwide pandemic than the fact that Sstock is concentrating exclusively on the subscription model.

Shutterstock is only interested in making things better for their company and shareholders.

With regard to your question, I would expect your photos to lose their ranking. I have also read on the MSG forum of contributors finding it very hard to get their portfolios back on fully once they re-enable.

Thanks for the info i will try to figure it out for more

www.myccpay.com