2 minutes ago, Reimar said:

I'm in Canada, and I see 13.244 million hits for Beach, and all the top images are very strong.  Only #2 and #3 appear to be snapshots from our miracle worker.

I think that number shows pages (as discussed above).

I see 13,243,596 beach stock photos but only the second is from Oleg, then 4 and 6 in the second row.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think his greatest success must be in 'man'...8 out of the 10 top images on page one of 22.148 million photos are from him and all are editorial, non-model-released whilst SS is imploring everyone t

I would like to apologize to everyone. I didn't want to offend anyone. And I didn't want to stir up controversy. I just wrote about a certain oddity that even I did not discover. I thought you might f

But it appears he has only been able to game the system on SS. I think it does hurt any stock library if the best images (and most relevant) are not brought to the top of a search. I wonde

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, Whiteaster said:

I wonder if we see the same page

Yeah, results are different from one country to the other. Even from one computer to another one... I'm in Québec, Canada.

Home computer: only images 2 and 3 are his

Work computer: only images 3 and 4 are his

I notice thanks to this thread that I have an image on top for the search "contemplate" (1st in my home computer, 3rd in my work computer). It is far from being a famous research as "beach" or "tree" but still 4 200 pages

16 hours ago, Foodio said:

Forum heresy just to consider it out loud

😅 As some french guy said (Lino Ventura in Les Tontons Flingueurs): "les cons ça osent tout, c'est même à ça qu'on les reconnait" (idiots dare everything, that's even how we recognize them)... 

Didn't know I was saying something that crazy... Well SS changed and the algorythm changed too probably. So the expert might have been right before but It might have changed since. Before the change of earning structure I was going to make a test opening an other account more specific to test that idea but now it would just be a waste of time as an account with 100 good photos trendy would still have hard time to reach higher level... But I know that some people with smaller portfolio than mine are doing much better (ok quality count too but it is not just that when you see this thread)...

57 minutes ago, Whiteaster said:

I wonder if we see the same page. The second image is from OlegRi, 1 and 3 are not.

When I look, Oleg has four really 'bad' pictures right at the top at 'Beach' apparently like many other single words topics. A micro superman! 🧐 (Bad in classical sense - don't want to discuss 'quality' again as we all kow that 'everything sells' ...) 🤯.

2 minutes ago, Steve Bower said:

I didn't anticipate that the order would be different depending on where in the world it was viewed.  My choice was taken by icemanphotos, which has a large portfolio of fantastic beach images.  I'm impressed that our friend is able to compete😉.  

Yes, those photos are really brilliant! Finest stock photos! Great!

8 minutes ago, oleschwander said:

When I look, Oleg has four really 'bad' pictures right at the top. 🧐 (Bad in classical understandig - don't want to discuss 'quality' again ...) 🤯.

For me only #1 and #2 are from him on the first page for "rock", the rest are from others.

I still would like to learn doing this.

It's getting more and more rediculous. Also in the topic 'Building' he's number 1 ... and at least two other photos right in top 🤣 And also 'Horse' ... 🤣🤣

But I don't know if it boosts his sales though because most customers will not search only one word? Also when they see his images, they will choose some of the others imo ... (sorry Whiteaster - the moderator - if such a person is found here - can give me a warning point more ...)

Maybe ranking and sales are just lines of computer code.........find a way to hack the system and you can make ranking anything you want but you don't necessarily have those 'sales' added to your account as $$$$ on the way to the top. When you're at the top, presumably you can expect that top ranking to result in real sales if your images are really wanted by clients. Or maybe you just have to keep adjusting the lines of code to ensure you stay at no. 1.

1 hour ago, Reimar said:

I'm in Canada, and I see 13.244 million hits for Beach, and all the top images are very strong.  Only #2 and #3 appear to be dull snapshots from our miracle worker.

1 hour ago, Whiteaster said:

I think that number shows pages (as discussed above).

I see 13,243,596 beach stock photos but only the second is from Oleg, then 4 and 6 in the second row.

I say 13.244 million.  You say 13,243,596.  Tomato, tomaaato.  Same thing.

If I was SS, I'd take a close look at how such images show up first at the top of a 13 million pile with the other images on the first several pages of stunning images.

I would like to apologize to everyone. I didn't want to offend anyone. And I didn't want to stir up controversy. I just wrote about a certain oddity that even I did not discover. I thought you might find this as strange as it does to me. And, perhaps, if this is indeed a system failure, then the Shutterstock administration will pay attention to it. I wish no one bad things. And I respect your point of view.

4 minutes ago, Mr.Music said:

I would like to apologize to everyone. I didn't want to offend anyone. And I didn't want to stir up controversy. I just wrote about a certain oddity that even I did not discover. I thought you might find this as strange as it does to me. And, perhaps, if this is indeed a system failure, then the Shutterstock administration will pay attention to it. I wish no one bad things. And I respect your point of view.

Well said 😃

On 4/22/2021 at 6:39 PM, Mr.Music said:

Why apologize? It's an interesting find. 🙂  Nice to discuss. I also wonder if Shutterstock knows about this. That is why I have mentioned the name@Alex Shutterstock, so that he is at least made aware of it. Furthermore, we expect nothing more from admins here.

I looked to find out more about him Oleg  ( Oleg Petuhovs ) I think in Latvia, maybe in Riga. Loves motorsport. But couldn't find anything.

1 hour ago, Reimar said:

I say 13.244 million.  You say 13,243,596.

You are right, sorry for that, I didn't pay attention when reading that.

1 hour ago, Mr.Music said:

Don't use any filters.
Enter the request on the English page.
Most relevant
All images
All orientations
13,245,734 images
This is that page

This is exactly what I did. It was 13,243,596 when I first searched for "beach" and now it is 13,246,199. So many new images in just a few hours, amazing.

54 minutes ago, Mr.Music said:

I don't know, why there should be a reason to apologize.

What you found is absolutely interesting.

Of course, it is possible to land at position 1 of the search with normal, average images. With one image - maybe. Or two.

However, it is certainly absolutely incredible to land at position 1 with normal, average images in almost all extremely diverse categories. And, Whiteaster, this has nothing to do with bashing: The images are – with respect – compared to many other images simply nothing special. This has nothing to do with the exceptionality of the images – because they are not!

If someone is looking for rocks, he will probably not look for pebbles at the beach. If someone is looking for beach pictures, he is usually looking for sun, vacation, atmosphere. If someone is looking for a tree cut, they want to use it as texture or see growth rings. And so on.

It also has nothing to do with regular uploading. Then Joe Grossinger would have had to go through the roof with his activity.

Something else is going on. I just have no idea what.