HI, I just wanted to ask what do you think about my portfolio. I know some pictures are pointless like those bikes I just wanted to try what Shutterstock approve. Do you think that some of my pictures have some potential or is it completely wrong approach? I would be glad for every feedback. Thank you, David

David,

I've got a few recommendations that might make your images more commercial and saleable.  I could be wrong but these are my suggestions.

The good, I think your best image is of the homeless person and his dog. 

The following are things I think you need to change or work on. 

1. Exposure.  Most if not all of your images are under exposed in my opinion.  Snow should be white.  Check your image histograms.

2.  You crop most if not all of your images far too closely.  Don't cut off elements within your image.  Examples:  chess shredder, bike handle, dog and glass canister.

3.  Keep your horizons horizontal.  Example:  Man feeding Nutria.

4.  I didn't check many of your keywords but the few I did, indicate you need to work on these  as well.  Example:  You did not include poverty as a keyword for your homeless man. 

You might check out the forum for threads that are addressed to newcomers as well as you tube videos on photography basics.  Good Luck!

15 hours ago, Steve Bower said:

David,

I've got a few recommendations that might make your images more commercial and saleable.  I could be wrong but these are my suggestions.

The good, I think your best image is of the homeless person and his dog. 

The following are things I think you need to change or work on. 

1. Exposure.  Most if not all of your images are under exposed in my opinion.  Snow should be white.  Check your image histograms.

2.  You crop most if not all of your images far too closely.  Don't cut off elements within your image.  Examples:  chess shredder, bike handle, dog and glass canister.

3.  Keep your horizons horizontal.  Example:  Man feeding Nutria.

4.  I didn't check many of your keywords but the few I did, indicate you need to work on these  as well.  Example:  You did not include poverty as a keyword for your homeless man. 

You might check out the forum for threads that are addressed to newcomers as well as you tube videos on photography basics.  Good Luck!

Thank you, I tried to repair some of my mistakes. Hope it will improve my sales because they do not exist to this day

David,

I'm not sure your current images will have a great number of sales.  I would practice the things I mentioned and those things you learn on the forum and on youtube when taking future images.  Keep in mind that the micro stock industry was started to provide commercial establishments and individuals a source of inexpensive images to market their products, expertise, interests and or ideas.  Unless your images lend themselves to this end they won't be in great demand.  You will also need a huge number of images (1,000s) before you can expect consistent income and even then unless they are better than those images already uploaded, sales will be limited. 

Learn your camera and the basic rules and techniques of photography, then you will see sales.  Photography, like everything takes a lot of hard work and practice before you can compete with those that have already put in the work.  Good luck!