Error. Photos after verification remain in the pending status, they are not displayed in the portfolio. Although simultaneously displayed in the scan results

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Error. Photos after verification remain in the pending status, they are not displayed in the portfolio. Although simultaneously displayed in the scan results

Posted Images

I started having the same problems last week. I waited 4 days (SS says that in three days at most the images will appear in the portfolio) and uploaded the already accepted photos again with the same description to the same categories. The images were rejected with reason that they were already accepted earlier. After that, after a short period of time, they appeared in the portfolio and disappeared from the considered ones. Now the same thing is repeated. 😞

26 minutes ago, Sue Rae Edmondson said:

There is a widespread problem affecting many contributors over the last couple of days, and we have passed all the details to Shutterstock for them to investigate and resolve the issue.

Sorry for the current inconvenience and we hope this is fixed very soon.

Don't you think they could open a topic in the forum or send an email to all contributors to let us know this kind of stuff???

Don't they have an announcement channel??? 

And of course no one to answer here... Kate we miss you already!!!

This is the reply I get from support chat: 

• I have over 400 photos been approved but have not been added to my portfolio. Why is it taking so long?

• We think this should answer your question. If you still need help, let us know and we'll connect you with an expert.

Kevin H.
    Kevin H.
    SHUTTERSTOCK EXPERT

It can take 72 hours or sometimes longer for approved images to appear in your portfolio. You can see approved images in your catalog manager here:
    https://submit.shutterstock.com/catalog_manager
    If your content still has not appeared, it can be for one of the following reasons.

1. There has been a database error in the system which will be resolved with the next update. Please wait 72 hours.
    2. Shutterstock has deleted some of your images as they no longer conform to current regulations. e.g. A new trademark has come into force or you have too many similar images.
    3. Your account has been deactivated.
    4. You have set your licensing options in your account settings to "NO" in which case it can take up to 30 days to restore your images after resetting to "YES".
    5. Your images have been marked as "mature content" in which case they will not appear in your portfolio but are available for sale.

It's just the usual copy & paste reply from "shutterstock experts", so basically just a contributor, who neither read nor understood the problem. I gave up contacting the support a long time ago as that's always all you get. (Sometimes I even wonder whether these "experts " are even people and not just bots.)

We contributors are left in a unfortunate position where there is not really any means for us to get hold of anyone from Shutterstock as no one replies in the forums (Kate only replied to maybe 1 out of 30 technical issue threads and now she too is gone and Alex, who according to her is still a forum admin, hasn't even been seen in months) and the support mails are just lead to other contributor who can't tell us more than what we ourselves already know.

Hi everyone,

So I woke up today with the 13 approved images that got stuck with SS bug was now in my image portfolio so I submitted another
one this morning and 1 hour later it was approved but 2 hours later it is not in my image portfolio. I have never had to wait hours or anything upto 72 hours for a approved image to show up in image profolio. 
I'm hoping everything is working with submitting site and the delay is to give the databases time to process backlogs and play catch up.