I need a sincere opinion about my portfolio, I want to improve.

5 hours ago, las.venas.abiertas said:

I still can't afford to pay for travel or to buy better equipment

You don't need to. A large part of my sales comes from where I live. 

Think about what is specific to your area, what is beautiful, what is special, and then try to capture it in a nice and interesting way. When traveling, people tends to go to the same spot and take the same pictures. I barely sale my New York shots! (looking at the competition, I know why)

Among my best sellers I've got: a local dish, a local entertainment, the local touristic viewpoint (2 pics), a local university, another nice place in my city, and some random people in the park nearby.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/11/2021 at 1:47 PM, las.venas.abiertas said:

I would like to thank everyone who took the time to give me valuable advice. I'm trying to absorb as much as I can and apply it, even though I still can't afford to pay for travel or to buy better equipment.

I’d worry less about your equipment right now. To the extent that having a camera that doesn’t have scratched lenses,  a broken (eg, misaligned) sensor, etc, is important. However if one’s camera doesn’t have any (significant) issues... It’s the lens (eye) and computer (you) BEHIND the camera that determines more the quality/saleability of photos, not the equipment.  As I and others have said, look for things local to you that are unique or at least rarer in other parts of the world.  I’ll leave it up to you decide what is “local” as a short drive for one person might be a long one for other.

If your lens is not very good or you (like me) are not that good with setting the camera (often set it to automatic) you are more dependent on good light.
The day before yesterday I took pictures of flower fields, which I was very satisfied with. Today I cycled to another flower field. It was sunny, but with moisture in the air. When I looked at the photos at home, the photos were therefore disappointing.
So that will be another round of cycling.

Don't let our comments discourage you.

I really like these two pictures of you: plant-1952787217  and silhouettes-trees-small-forest-bahia-state-1952250463

On 4/11/2021 at 8:47 PM, las.venas.abiertas said:

I would like to thank everyone who took the time to give me valuable advice. I'm trying to absorb as much as I can and apply it, even though I still can't afford to pay for travel or to buy better equipment.

I walk everywhere I can and I'm using an old Nikon D90 and Nikkor 35mm F/1.8GDX lens - before that 35mm I had (still have but half broken) Nikkor 50mm F/1.8D lens which is cheapest on the market. All the work on my portfolio done with an extremely limited budget. I'm only very curious to learn and have a desire to accomplish certain looks & feels on my images. That is it. Never had a fancy expensive equipment, never able to afford to travel exotic places yet.