12 minutes ago, Blue Corner Studio said:

sorry to hear that. my April average is 40 cents now! time for bragging? : ). 
I managed to buy the Affinity software. I like it. pretty powerful. but there is a lot to learn. it does a lot.

Nice going, you are a King and I am a Pawn. My RPD is 25¢ so far for April. Imagine that. We all used to make that 25¢ the day we started here, as minimum? Now that's what I make on average?

Welcome to the future in Microstock. I thought for years, how the work could grow, how earnings could increase and what I got instead was Dollars are now Dimes. And that's not just here.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

After a pretty dismal month, I've woken up to find that I've sold 5 images at $137... each! Great start to the day!!

The time of miracles is not over yet ...    

I had that yesterday.  I sold 2 photos.  Not sure I can cope with that sort of excitement too often.

Posted Images

6 hours ago, Primus1 said:

Disaster. March was so-so. Now not even $3 so far ... All boards down!

April used to be top-top-top month. Now it is one big sh...

Still 2/3rd of the month to go, you never know! 

I had a very low start too, but things start to look better. Yesterday I reach the 10 downloads/day, which is a first for me (RPD wasn't great -0.18- but it still better than nothing right?). All you need is a couple of good sales, and they can come on the very last minute of April to save the day! 

April started pretty good but hit a slump after Easter. This is the same at AS.

Pond5 has died for me with not a single sale there in a month.  

At this stage, April has the potential to be a good month but that's going to depend on how the remaining days go.

May as well share my Shutterstock graph as it takes me all but 5 seconds to update, crop, copy and paste. :D

image.thumb.png.d7c3d4b2e3d8f1116e8fb5a159adc61e.png

15 hours ago, oleschwander said:

The time of miracles is not over yet ...

Skærmbillede 2021-04-09 kl. 10.13.41.png

Congrats! That's what keeps me hooked too with nearly $90 in SODs and an EL last month. This month.....nothing to pop the corks for so far but, hey, there's still 2/3rds of the month to go. It's like Dirty Harry said, "Well, do ya feel lucky punk...well, do ya?"

Used to be a business.....now it's a lottery! (Except for SS, that is).

On 4/8/2021 at 5:19 PM, HodagMedia said:

Nice going, you are a King and I am a Pawn. My RPD is 25¢ so far for April. Imagine that. We all used to make that 25¢ the day we started here, as minimum? Now that's what I make on average?

Welcome to the future in Microstock. I thought for years, how the work could grow, how earnings could increase and what I got instead was Dollars are now Dimes. And that's not just here.

yeah. pretty dismal. the only reason I keep going (not deleting my port) is that the work is done. all the time, energy already put in. so what do I gain by deleting? some "retaliation" maybe? yeah. I suppose that would feel good for a few days. but though very, very slowly it still brings in a few bucks. which in a few years adds up to a new lens : ). hopefully! but every time I see the 10 cents and I know that SS pocketed at least 1.5 or more on my 10 cents!! it hurts my pride and self esteem for sure. infuriating indeed.

8 hours ago, Blue Corner Studio said:

yeah. pretty dismal. the only reason I keep going (not deleting my port) is that the work is done. all the time, energy already put in. so what do I gain by deleting? some "retaliation" maybe? yeah. I suppose that would feel good for a few days. but though very, very slowly it still brings in a few bucks. which in a few years adds up to a new lens : ). hopefully! but every time I see the 10 cents and I know that SS pocketed at least 1.5 or more on my 10 cents!! it hurts my pride and self esteem for sure. infuriating indeed.

Yes that's about the way I see it too.

On 4/9/2021 at 4:53 PM, Awana JF said:

Still 2/3rd of the month to go, you never know! 

I had a very low start too, but things start to look better. Yesterday I reach the 10 downloads/day, which is a first for me (RPD wasn't great -0.18- but it still better than nothing right?). All you need is a couple of good sales, and they can come on the very last minute of April to save the day! 

Thank you! 🙂

Yes, true. Half of the month is on its way. You never know. 10 dnlwd is good per one day. Congratulations! And I agree: couple of good sales and month is back. I agree!

Hope we will be able to say this at the end of April. All the best! :)

3 minutes ago, Primus1 said:

Thank you! 🙂

Yes, true. Half of the month is on its way. You never know. 10 dnlwd is good per one day. Congratulations! And I agree: couple of good sales and month is back. I agree!

Hope we will be able to say this at the end of April. All the best! :)

Just turned on the computer this morning and the first ten cents has already arrived. 🙂 The second part was the worst in the last two months. Hopefully it is now the other way around.

1 hour ago, Steven Tritton said:

Beautiful photos. Are you finding both a drop in volume of sales and rpd? 

Thank you :)

there is a huge drop in sales... in addition there are very few on demand downloads and single on demand ... The new earning structure is definitely not a helping either