Jump to content

Recommended Posts

12 minutes ago, Blue Corner Studio said:

sorry to hear that. my April average is 40 cents now! time for bragging? : ). 
I managed to buy the Affinity software. I like it. pretty powerful. but there is a lot to learn. it does a lot.

Nice going, you are a King and I am a Pawn. My RPD is 25¢ so far for April. Imagine that. We all used to make that 25¢ the day we started here, as minimum? Now that's what I make on average?

Welcome to the future in Microstock. I thought for years, how the work could grow, how earnings could increase and what I got instead was Dollars are now Dimes. And that's not just here.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

After a pretty dismal month, I've woken up to find that I've sold 5 images at $137... each! Great start to the day!!

The time of miracles is not over yet ...    

I had that yesterday.  I sold 2 photos.  Not sure I can cope with that sort of excitement too often.

Posted Images

6 hours ago, Primus1 said:

Disaster. March was so-so. Now not even $3 so far ... All boards down!

April used to be top-top-top month. Now it is one big sh...

Still 2/3rd of the month to go, you never know! 

I had a very low start too, but things start to look better. Yesterday I reach the 10 downloads/day, which is a first for me (RPD wasn't great -0.18- but it still better than nothing right?). All you need is a couple of good sales, and they can come on the very last minute of April to save the day! 

Link to post
Share on other sites

April started pretty good but hit a slump after Easter. This is the same at AS.

Pond5 has died for me with not a single sale there in a month.  

At this stage, April has the potential to be a good month but that's going to depend on how the remaining days go.

May as well share my Shutterstock graph as it takes me all but 5 seconds to update, crop, copy and paste. :D

 

image.thumb.png.d7c3d4b2e3d8f1116e8fb5a159adc61e.png

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, oleschwander said:

The time of miracles is not over yet ...

 

 

Skærmbillede 2021-04-09 kl. 10.13.41.png

Congrats! That's what keeps me hooked too with nearly $90 in SODs and an EL last month. This month.....nothing to pop the corks for so far but, hey, there's still 2/3rds of the month to go. It's like Dirty Harry said, "Well, do ya feel lucky punk...well, do ya?"

Used to be a business.....now it's a lottery! (Except for SS, that is).

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/8/2021 at 5:19 PM, HodagMedia said:

Nice going, you are a King and I am a Pawn. My RPD is 25¢ so far for April. Imagine that. We all used to make that 25¢ the day we started here, as minimum? Now that's what I make on average?

Welcome to the future in Microstock. I thought for years, how the work could grow, how earnings could increase and what I got instead was Dollars are now Dimes. And that's not just here.

 

yeah. pretty dismal. the only reason I keep going (not deleting my port) is that the work is done. all the time, energy already put in. so what do I gain by deleting? some "retaliation" maybe? yeah. I suppose that would feel good for a few days. but though very, very slowly it still brings in a few bucks. which in a few years adds up to a new lens : ). hopefully! but every time I see the 10 cents and I know that SS pocketed at least 1.5 or more on my 10 cents!! it hurts my pride and self esteem for sure. infuriating indeed.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Blue Corner Studio said:

yeah. pretty dismal. the only reason I keep going (not deleting my port) is that the work is done. all the time, energy already put in. so what do I gain by deleting? some "retaliation" maybe? yeah. I suppose that would feel good for a few days. but though very, very slowly it still brings in a few bucks. which in a few years adds up to a new lens : ). hopefully! but every time I see the 10 cents and I know that SS pocketed at least 1.5 or more on my 10 cents!! it hurts my pride and self esteem for sure. infuriating indeed.

Yes that's about the way I see it too.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/9/2021 at 4:53 PM, Awana JF said:

Still 2/3rd of the month to go, you never know! 

I had a very low start too, but things start to look better. Yesterday I reach the 10 downloads/day, which is a first for me (RPD wasn't great -0.18- but it still better than nothing right?). All you need is a couple of good sales, and they can come on the very last minute of April to save the day! 

Thank you! 🙂

Yes, true. Half of the month is on its way. You never know. 10 dnlwd is good per one day. Congratulations! And I agree: couple of good sales and month is back. I agree!

Hope we will be able to say this at the end of April. All the best! :)

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Primus1 said:

Thank you! 🙂

Yes, true. Half of the month is on its way. You never know. 10 dnlwd is good per one day. Congratulations! And I agree: couple of good sales and month is back. I agree!

Hope we will be able to say this at the end of April. All the best! :)

Just turned on the computer this morning and the first ten cents has already arrived. 🙂 The second part was the worst in the last two months. Hopefully it is now the other way around.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Steven Tritton said:

Beautiful photos. Are you finding both a drop in volume of sales and rpd? 

Thank you :)

there is a huge drop in sales... in addition there are very few on demand downloads and single on demand ... The new earning structure is definitely not a helping either

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...