Shutterstock is eating my photos

Not expecting to get any help from SS staff here, but maybe here are contributors here who had experienced the same in the past and can at least tell me whether this issue will resolve itself eventually?

Most of you probably know that from time to time Shutterstock will glitch around and approved photos take very long, sometimes days, to appear in the contributor's port. That has happened to me in the past, but it has always been with whole batches. But starting yesterday, Shutterstock is always eating one image out of a batch. All other images show up instantly, but always one single image is missing. It happened yesterday and it is happening again today and the missing image from yesterday still has not showed up. Can't resubmit as the images get rejected as already being in my port, but also can't delete the "existing" images, as they also don't show up in my catalogue manager.

Would just wait this out, but it's bugging me, as there are Easter related photos among the missing ones and it's no use to me if they show up in my port next week.

Anyone experiencing the same?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi all, Thanks for your patience. Our teams are aware of the issue and working to resolve. None of the images is lost, and there is no reason to re-submit. They are simply not yet published.

Thanks for your patience everybody. The issue has been resolved. If you have additional approved items that aren't showing up on the site, please comment on this thread with the image ID and we c

Not expecting to get any help from SS staff here, but maybe here are contributors here who had experienced the same in the past and can at least tell me whether this issue will resolve itself eventual

Posted Images

Hi! i had the same problem month ago, and now from yesterday too. Some approved photos don't appear in catalog manager and portfolio ( from yesterday 3 items and 1 today, that i notised, maybe there are more), i cant edit them or delete. But i cant reupload them, because they get rejected via already approved on site. 
I already wrote them about this issue, but they didn't resolve this problem. 

3 hours ago, Firn said:

That's discouraging.

Understated...

Just going to mention that I had one accepted a few months ago, which never appeared. Images from before that did, after that, did but the one, which showed as accepted, was MIA. I decided I didn't care and ignored the whole issue. I'd say that well over a week later, maybe two, I was looking at my portfolio and it was there. 🤪 No help and not an answer, but yes, strange things have happened.

Just if you have time, try to search by the image title from when you uploaded it and see if it's actually for sale, but not showing in your portfolio because of some other error. I can't do that, but it might be interesting?

Recently I was looking though the "Top Performers" and I see two blank thumbnails. This is an indicator that an image has vanished from the system. Usually they come back, just as mysteriously, but I think these same two have been gone for weeks now. Which suggests, I have a sold images that are invisible, even if someone wanted to buy them. I'm not concerned enough over 10 cents to worry, but just like new that take a long time, we also have old that go missing.

Well if I search, it's there, but in personal reporting areas, it's not. So I was wrong... the image is searchable and is for sale.

Peaceful wood Campfire at Night with flames Hygge

https://www.shutterstock.com/image/9453553

5   $1.25  Upload Date 4/1/21

which I know is NOT true. 🧐  9453553 would be uploaded 2008

1 hour ago, HodagMedia said:

Just if you have time, try to search by the image title from when you uploaded it and see if it's actually for sale, but not showing in your portfolio because of some other error. I can't do that, but it might be interesting?

No, it's also can't be found in the Shutterstock search, so it's not there.  😔

6 hours ago, Firn said:

Yes I have the same with approval from yesterday. First batch of 7 images accepted and only 4 appeared few minutes later in my port. Second batch of 6 images accepted a couple of hours after and only 1 appeared. It's been almost 20 hours now and still nothing, which is very weird. 

Usually when this happened it was the entire batch that would appear few days later... 

Note that the image that didn't showed up are my favorite from the 2 batches...

• Firn changed the title to Shutterstock is eating my photos
8 hours ago, Firn said:

Not expecting to get any help from SS staff here, but maybe here are contributors here who had experienced the same in the past and can at least tell me whether this issue will resolve itself eventually?

Most of you probably know that from time to time Shutterstock will glitch around and approved photos take very long, sometimes days, to appear in the contributor's port. That has happened to me in the past, but it has always been with whole batches. But starting yesterday, Shutterstock is always eating one image out of a batch. All other images show up instantly, but always one single image is missing. It happened yesterday and it is happening again today and the missing image from yesterday still has not showed up. Can't resubmit as the images get rejected as already being in my port, but also can't delete the "existing" images, as they also don't show up in my catalogue manager.

Would just wait this out, but it's bugging me, as there are Easter related photos among the missing ones and it's no use to me if they show up in my port next week.

Yes, same here - only one out of the batch that does not appear in the portfolio after it has been approved...

I re-sent 5 pieces for verification, which were accepted 2 days ago and did not appear in the portfolio. Of these, 1 was rejected for two reasons!
I'm not sure if all of them will appear this time, since the last uploaded photos still do not appear.
Will these photos appear? Or should we send in cycles even approved photos?

On 4/1/2021 at 8:05 PM, JDzacovsky said:

Weird. I have same problem with one aproved photo today too. But I can go to edit/delete with ID link.

Hello,

You mean that if I edit or delete the image then resubmit, it should appear normally in my portfolio?

I'm afraid it will be rejected may be for duplicate content?

3 hours ago, ASamirGFX said:

Hello,

You mean that if I edit or delete the image then resubmit, it should appear normally in my portfolio?

I'm afraid it will be rejected may be for duplicate content?

I mean that You can delete it with that link and reupload it again. Helped me few times ago. It is the reason, why I never uploading batches, but only single shots.

1 hour ago, JDzacovsky said:

I mean that You can delete it with that link and reupload it again. Helped me few times ago. It is the reason, why I never uploading batches, but only single shots.

I also don't upload batches.

If I didn't delete the image the way you mentioned,

should it eventually appear in my portfolio in your experience?

I have same problems. 50% of all approved photos from my last uploads are missing. How did you delete it? I would like delete them, even without uploading them again.. When I try to do like: https://submit.shutterstock.com/catalog_manager/images/xxxxxxxxx with my ID's missing photos, I see "We can't find the content you wanted to edit". Any tips please. It has happened with me few times in past, and now again. Thank you!

It worked now! I deleted disappeared photos. Thanks for the tip!