Every single photo I upload with selective focus is rejected

1 hour ago, oleschwander said:

Size is never an issue if it’s in focus. I don’t understand @Sven Hansche get images rejected because he is such a skilled phototographer with amazing images ...

No, of course size is not an issue if the photo is in focus. But if your photo is in focus, your image will not get rejected for focus. No matter how often people here tell "but my photos are in focus", whenever someone posts a 100% size version of it, in 95% of all cases it turnes out the photo was not in focus. Some people don't seem to see it. I don't know why.
But a photo with a soft focus that would have been rejected in large size can possibly get though the review process if sized down as the soft focus becomes less noticeable.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So the Shutterstock contributor AI algorithm for accepting/rejecting images is entirely broken. I can't upload a single photo shot in f/5 or wider without getting rejected for "noise." Basically anyth

Time for us to selectively choose better / more suitable agencies to upload our work

Agree. I think Shutterstock has completely lost control of its review process. It's pathetic really.

Posted Images

On 5/1/2021 at 10:13 PM, KishoreJ said:

Earlier my images used to get reviewed within 10-15 minutes of submission (amazing but true). Now they take upto 5-7 DAYS. What goes SS? Have you laid down your staff? I can understand if it is due to low sales/turnover due to pandemic and all good photographers stopping submitting their good stuff at SS due to your paying a 'huge' price of 10 cents per download.

My editorial photos are often approved/ rejecteded in minutes.  Commercial submissions can take over a day.  

As a side note I find my approval rate is much higher when submitted after midnight (California.)  I'm also wondering if computer AI review time and approval rate somehow takes into consideration your sales to submission ratio?

10 minutes ago, Elliott Cowand Jr said:

OK, I'll ask again. Reducing the long edge pixel count to what will render a  4 megapixel export, and where are megapixels displayed in export settings?

That depends on your aspect ratio but typically, getting it down to 2500-2700 will do the trick (2500 pixels long edge is the minimum on shutterstock). If you want to just export a 4 megapixel file, you can do it in Lightroom in your export settings but it's better to export a 4.3 MP file because LR calculations can get a bit awry sometimes.

2 minutes ago, balajisrinivasan said:

That depends on your aspect ratio but typically, getting it down to 2500-2700 will do the trick (2500 pixels long edge is the minimum on shutterstock). If you want to just export a 4 megapixel file, you can do it in Lightroom in your export settings but it's better to export a 4.3 MP file because LR calculations can get a bit awry sometimes.

Thanks.  I saw lots of comments using 3000 pixels and deleted my question.