Every single photo I upload with selective focus is rejected

On 4/7/2021 at 8:03 AM, Jingwen Li said:

My painting was also rejected because it can’t distinguish between stains and the ink effect of the painting.

青龙小.jpg

I have had similar troubles a few times, but only with closeup shots.  I believe that in my case the problem was that  the grain of the watercolour paper when seen in closeup looked like the artifacts that result from oversharpening.  I resubmitted with this explanation given and the images were accepted.

On 31.03.2021 at 16:34, Diane Diederich said:

У меня такая же проблема с любым изображением с выборочной фокусировкой. Все отклоняются для фокусировки, когда фактический основной объект слишком резкий. Я перестал загружать сюда.

I'm more of an amateur than a professional. But your quote has an answer for me as well. The reasons for some deviations in the photographs became clear. I shoot with high magnification. The structure of the material becomes visible: plastic or plasticine. What can be perceived as noise.

I think this is funny. I left some dandelions in the lawn for the insects. I took two photos in close succession.
One of a European honey bee (Apis mellifera) accepted by SS and rejected by AS. 
Then from a red mason bee (Osmia rufa, Osmia bicornis).rejected by SS and accepted by AS.

Are they both on a Stocksite. 😁

stock-photo-close-up-western-honey-bee-or-european-honey-bee-apis-mellifera-family-apidae-on-a-flower-of-1955839249.jpg

AdobeStock_427691742_Preview.jpeg