File type was forcedly changed (from vector to raster)

6 hours ago, Anjar G said:

they manage to find people who post screenshot of their income in random secret facebook group to gave them warning to hide the embarrassment, but wont show up in a serious thread on their own forum..

also last month i get pay cut like 40$ even tho i'm not from us i contacted them didn't get reply, tell me why at least.. be open to your contributor

c'mon guys

You mean Arindam Ghosh?

What happened to shutterstock lately?

Why is it so difficult to get on the forum and write a short message - something like "We are aware of the problem and are working on a solution. After that, the vector files will be in the same position as before the error occurred." Or something like that.

Where is the problem? If you read the numbers on the stock market, shutterstock can't be doing so badly that even the last remaining staff had to be cut. Where is the corporate culture? All gone?

I am already sure that this is not a bug, but an undeclared process of changing filters in the content search system.

If the Vector category becomes a sub-filter for the combined Illustrations category, that's also a good option. But there is still a complaint about how this transition process was organized. Not just quietly, but in such a way that the bosses forced the support service to lie.
My imagination is already painting this picture:

CEO:
- How much will it cost us to change the structure of the filters?
Coder:
- In general, inexpensive, ... x tens of thousands of dollars.
CEO:
- And if you stretch the process so that vector content gradually leaves the usual search, and first of all, popular tops?
Sales Manager:
- Customers will download them less often. But they have already bought a subscription plan. This means that the authors will earn less.
CEO:
- Exactly! We can recoup the costs of changing our search system, and also get more profit. Let those gullible authors think that this is a bug for now. Muahaha! "

I'm sure it's a bug.

When I look in my catalog manager, there are only 46 vector graphics left. The rest have gone to the illustrations section.
But when I search for an image on shutterstock under "vector" one of the images shows up, even though it is no longer under "vector" in my catalog manager.

But what is clearly visible: When searching for vectors under certain search terms, only very few results come up. And with that, Shutterstock is cutting into its own leg. This can really be a serious reason why customers then look for their vectors elsewhere. Because they don't feel like finding out for themselves if an image listed as an illustration might be a vector. Nobody has the time for that.

If I were shutterstock, I would take the problem very seriously and get rid of the flaw very quickly.

Sure: oleskalashnik is right. They don't notice it so quickly, because a lot of customers have already bought their subscription packages. But those who need vectors will not be satisfied. And they won't buy the next package either - I'm sure of it.

Of my 280 vector files, only 16,5% have survived in the Vector section. All others have disappeared in the Illustrations folder.

So far these vectors have brought me about 25000 downloads. Now they will probably be bought much less, because they are no longer found as such. But at the moment I only lose my 30%. Shutterstock loses 70%. If they can afford that, then that's fine with me. With a little luck, the buyers will migrate to where they can find vectors and where the revenues are better. So maybe it's not bad like it is.

On 3/22/2021 at 8:37 AM, Anjar G said:

no idea who arindam is, it was some random contributor on my facebook feed

"screenshot of their income in random secret facebook group" You have a random, secret facebook group and don't know who posted their earnings? 🧐 Wow that is secret if the group owner doesn't know who's in their group. But SS was able to track that person and "gave them a warning"? I'm having trouble with the details of some of that.

Maybe we should stick to the conspiracy that SS is purposely hiding Vector assets from buyers for some evil reasons. Which makes no sense, since SS depends on downloads for income.

55 minutes ago, HodagMedia said:

"screenshot of their income in random secret facebook group" You have a random, secret facebook group and don't know who posted their earnings? 🧐 Wow that is secret if the group owner doesn't know who's in their group. But SS was able to track that person and "gave them a warning"? I'm having trouble with the details of some of that.

Maybe we should stick to the conspiracy that SS is purposely hiding Vector assets from buyers for some evil reasons. Which makes no sense, since SS depends on downloads for income.

its a local facebook group, with foreign language, happened during earning cut outrage last year,

my point was they having that far of a reach on a foreign facebook group but not on their own forum.

18 hours ago, Anjar G said:

its a local facebook group, with foreign language, happened during earning cut outrage last year,

my point was they having that far of a reach on a foreign facebook group but not on their own forum.

Except he was not banned or account closed and he was asked to remove the videos and posts. (his claim) His uploading privileges were supposedly blocked. This is news all over, on forums and FB and... hey wait? 

It's still there?"

Yeah cry me a river about how evil Shutterstock is and how we should all be warned about things that are posted here on the forum, all over Facebook and on YouTube but multiple contributors. I find the claims to be a bit exaggerated. Maybe a way to drive more people to his monetized YouTube account. (and now I'm a sucker because I just did that? 🤪 )

The whole "watch out or you'll be banned" is fishy, from start to finish. I just don't like claims that contradict themselves, repeated rumors and apparently false or contrived information.

18 hours ago, Anjar G said:

Yeah you're right, support is very quiet from any point of view, except the "experts" who don't really have anything more than superficial answers. And true, SS doesn't come to read and answer questions on the forum. Is that news? 👍

So when something breaks or there's a bug, we've come to expect little or nothing in the way of notification. Are you surprised that the file type bug was not any different than any other bug? Kate did say "we're looking into it". I trust that she was telling us all she knew. What did you want?

21 hours ago, HodagMedia said:

Except he was not banned or account closed and he was asked to remove the videos and posts. (his claim) His uploading privileges were supposedly blocked. This is news all over, on forums and FB and... hey wait? 

It's still there?"

Yeah cry me a river about how evil Shutterstock is and how we should all be warned about things that are posted here on the forum, all over Facebook and on YouTube but multiple contributors. I find the claims to be a bit exaggerated. Maybe a way to drive more people to his monetized YouTube account. (and now I'm a sucker because I just did that? 🤪 )

The whole "watch out or you'll be banned" is fishy, from start to finish. I just don't like claims that contradict themselves, repeated rumors and apparently false or contrived information.

Yeah you're right, support is very quiet from any point of view, except the "experts" who don't really have anything more than superficial answers. And true, SS doesn't come to read and answer questions on the forum. Is that news? 👍

So when something breaks or there's a bug, we've come to expect little or nothing in the way of notification. Are you surprised that the file type bug was not any different than any other bug? Kate did say "we're looking into it". I trust that she was telling us all she knew. What did you want?

who even is that indian guy? the one i talk about was indonesian person, in indonesian facebook group, not india, its a different, separate contry. theres contributor all over the world, hundred different facebook group and you think everyone whos gotten warning is that indian guy in the video. cmon..

the bug its fixed now, its all good.. a little clarification on the forum would be nice and everyone here agree with that