Yes it would be. You are sure?
We know the levels that have been introduced since June. But it remains unclear which sale will generate which amount for us.
I sometimes look at the schedule by Pete. Shutterstock does not make any statements about this. In any case, they often sell the photos much too cheaply.
You can also ask yourself what happens if the customer with a subscription does not buy all the photos to which he / she is entitled. Presumably that money will also go to Shutterstock. 🙂

Pete's schedule and his explanation . He didn't make it himself

sh a.jpg

3 hours ago, Doug McLean said:

That is the smallest subscription plan. Companies that buy a lot of images get the 750 photos for $249 plan ($0.33/photo).

And what is 20% of 33¢ (rhetorical question, which I will now answer myself)  $0.066 and image, while we get paid $0.10 commission. SS is losing money $0.034 on every download. (Note before someone jumps on this with the usual, "but buyers don't use their entire subscription!") True, SOME buyers don't. Some buyers do!

image.thumb.png.b8859529482b9ecab3705538d00c8ada.png

More in line with the OP, what the real numbers are, a correction and answer. Buyers pay $49 a month for 10 images, we get 98c for each of those downloads, not 10 cents. Monthly plan, $29, sell for $2.90 each we get 20% 58¢ - NOT 10c

8 hours ago, Colobus said:

Is it fair?

Even after correcting the terms and math, no I don't think it's fair.

My choices are:

1) Take what they pay

2) Leave

I don't expect anything will change for the better. I can always hope that a less arbitrary rolling average for sales will eventually be established, but I don't honestly expect that we'll ever get anything better than what we get now. This is across the entire industry. No one is giving raises, we are only seeing more cuts.

image.png

1 hour ago, HodagMedia said:

And what is 20% of 33¢ (rhetorical question, which I will now answer myself)  $0.066 and image, while we get paid $0.10 commission. SS is losing money $0.034 on every download. (Note before someone jumps on this with the usual, "but buyers don't use their entire subscription!") True, SOME buyers don't. Some buyers do!

image.thumb.png.b8859529482b9ecab3705538d00c8ada.png

More in line with the OP, what the real numbers are, a correction and answer. Buyers pay $49 a month for 10 images, we get 98c for each of those downloads, not 10 cents. Monthly plan, $29, sell for $2.90 each we get 20% 58¢ - NOT 10c

Even after correcting the terms and math, no I don't think it's fair.

My choices are:

1) Take what they pay

2) Leave

I don't expect anything will change for the better. I can always hope that a less arbitrary rolling average for sales will eventually be established, but I don't honestly expect that we'll ever get anything better than what we get now. This is across the entire industry. No one is giving raises, we are only seeing more cuts.

image.png

Looks like my retirement, Pete. 🙂 That hasn't been going up for years either. I'm happy if it doesn't go down.
Your schedule came in handy again.
I think that Colobus is not often on the forum and has missed a lot of discussions about our salary.

9 minutes ago, Colobus said:

How could you explain 10 cents payments?   

10 hours ago, Thijs de Graaf said:

Yes it would be. You are sure?
We know the levels that have been introduced since June. But it remains unclear which sale will generate which amount for us.
I sometimes look at the schedule by Pete. Shutterstock does not make any statements about this. In any case, they often sell the photos much too cheaply.
You can also ask yourself what happens if the customer with a subscription does not buy all the photos to which he / she is entitled. Presumably that money will also go to Shutterstock. 🙂

Pete's schedule and his explanation . He didn't make it himself

sh a.jpg

Look at the lines for 750 images that explains.

Sorry,  I got the point before your answer,  and had edited my question.

Could SS give authors choice to select which subscription plan they want? I don't like 750 images for $256 subscription plan! If SS wants to give discounts let him do it on its own expense.

1 minute ago, Colobus said:

Could SS give authors choice to select which subscription plan they want? I don't like 750 images for $256 subscription plan! If SS wants to give discounts let him do it on its own expense.

No, you can't choose anything. Believe me, nobody likes the 750 or 350 image subscription plan. If that $256 version is true than you are lucky. I have the prices in € and it looks like this:

1663255638_subsprice3.jpg.c57f3cfc51a04f82bd83ac670e2bb74c.jpg

If it could be of any consolation, nobody here understands where these commissions come from. They are different from country to country, from currency to currency, exchange rate and who knows what else.

I gave up the research a long time ago.

22 minutes ago, Colobus said:

Maybe you would like to contact Sstock management direct and suggest this to them yourself.

I think you may in time realise (after your head is bleeding against the brick wall) that what you want and like as a contributor is totally irrelevant to Sstock.

However, if you do want to contact them, I believe that the most direct route is through prayer.

13 minutes ago, Colobus said:

You cannot petition the Lord with prayer. As Jim told.

So I was right that you didn't follow all the topics about payments Colobus.
Everything has already been said (many times). Everything has been discussed. The admins are silent. Only Kate Shutterstock gives announcements every now and then, which doesn't help you.
Immediately after the announcement at the end of May, many (me too) did not upload anything anymore in protest. After three months some of them (me too) started uploading again, because it didn't help. Others have had enough and don't upload anymore. Still others have listed their images as non-salable. Some have changed that again, because that didn't help either. Others have taken everything away from Shuttersock and are now uploading to other stock sites or doing something different.
Shutterstock is very large and will not get in trouble if a few leave. They know that and make use of it.
So it is indeed the choice to accept or leave.

You are right.  It was all discussed many times. I also had disabled my port for several months. But didn't fully understand the math. Now I see that the SS will never be profitable again (for most authors). It seems the whole industry is in decline. Too many cheap images around.

Now finally decided to stop uploading here. Will continue with AdobeStock and Dreamstime. At least they pay more.

On 3/16/2021 at 3:50 PM, Colobus said:

You are right.  It was all discussed many times. I also had disabled my port for several months. But didn't fully understand the math. Now I see that the SS will never be profitable again (for most authors). It seems the whole industry is in decline. Too many cheap images around.

Now finally decided to stop uploading here. Will continue with AdobeStock and Dreamstime. At least they pay more.

To each their own, that means I won't tell you what to do or how. 👍

On 3/16/2021 at 3:21 PM, Colobus said:

You cannot petition the Lord with prayer. As Jim told.

Or SS for that matter. 🙂 There is a complain box somewhere?  🚮 LOL

Best to you, whatever you decide.